Here is an exceptional opportunity for agricultural entrepreneurs also known as agripreneurs. Interested and suitable candidates are invited for the 1Million Cash Prize Mastercard Foundation AgroHack Challenge for Nigerian Agripreneurs 2022.
The AgroHack Challenge is looking for innovative ideas from across the agriculture value chain. These initiatives will be accelerated in order to provide new opportunities for many young Nigerians.
The primary goal of the AgroHack Challenge is to identify and implement innovative solutions that will promote rapid growth in the agriculture food sector, increase output and profitability for farmers, create new jobs, and improve food security in Nigeria.
About Mastercard Foundation
Below is all you need to know about Mastercard Foundation and its mission statement:
The Mastercard Foundation envisions a world in which everyone has the chance to learn and prosper. Everyone, regardless of their starting point in life, should have an equal opportunity to succeed. We believe that people can have that opportunity if they have access to education, financial services, and skill training.
Our primary goal is to assist economically disadvantaged young people in Africa in finding opportunities to lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty and into a better life. The Foundation’s strategy for the next decade, Young Africa Works, reflects our optimism for Africa’s future. It builds on our experience in financial inclusion, education, and training, and uses youth employment as a measure of our success in improving people’s lives.
We will deepen our engagement in some countries as part of the strategy to better understand their economic aspirations and identify priority sectors for growth. We will develop a long-term plan for each country of focus in collaboration with governments and the private sector that will:
- Improve the quality of education and vocational training so that they equip young people with the skills employers need;
- Leverage technology to connect employers and job seekers, drive growth; and
- Enable entrepreneurs and small businesses to expand through access to financial services.
As we do this, we will continue to learn, share knowledge, catalyze innovation, and mobilize others across the continent.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Award Value: 1 million Naira
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 3 October 2022
Full Benefits of Mastercard Foundation AgroHack Challenge
- Participants stand a chance to win up to N1,000,000
- Participate in a 5-day Enterprise boot camp
- Intense mentorship from a pool of international mentors
- Business support services
- Access to investors
- Access potential clients
- New market opportunities
Requirements for Mastercard Foundation AgroHack Challenge
- Applicants must be between 18 – 35 age;
- Must have a team (minimum of 2);
- Have an innovative or scalable business idea or model in the agricultural sector (ranging anywhere from farm to fork);
- Innovation should be able to transform a community, a nation, a region, or have a global impact;
- Have a minimum viable product;
- Have a business model with a clear customer segment;
- Have any market traction?
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the apply button below to apply.
Visit the Mastercard Foundation Official Website for More Information