Application for the 2022 AAI One World Scholarship Programme for Developing countries to study in Austria is currently open. Interested and eligible candidates should endeavor to apply. This is an Austria Scholarship reserved for educational development among the developing countries in the world.
About AAI One World Scholarship
The One-World-Scholarship-Programme is a partial scholarship aimed at students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who have come to Austria on their initiative, to complete their education. Prospective awardees are required to focus on questions related to development in their studies and research.
The scholarship will help young people who are analytical and intellectual facing difficult circumstances in their home countries to use their right to study. Women are still significantly affected by these factors. Female students are given priority over male students while competing for the same position.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Afro-Asiatisches Institut Salzburg
Scholarship Type: Masters, PhD
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Value of Award: Scholarship Grants
Application Deadline: 31 July 2022
Eligibility Requirement for the AAI One World Scholarship
Below are the requirements for the AAI One World Scholarship:
- nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- admission to a Master’s or Ph.D. programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for Ph.D. students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), Ph.D. studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
REQUIREMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION:
- Financial need
We consider own income, savings, other means of support, profession, and income of parents to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
- Evidence of good progress in studies
Good study progress is documented by a transcript of records of current and past studies. In programmes without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
- Interest in development and according to specialization in studies
Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development-related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior work experience, voluntary activities, etc.
Possible fields of specialization are poverty reduction, social justice, global migrations, gender equality, climate change, sustainable use of resources, food security, renewable energies, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, urbanization, health, human rights, democratization, good governance, fighting corruption, conflict prevention, and resolution, international relations, intercultural dialogue. This list should provide applicants with an idea of relevant topics, it is, however, not exclusive.
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation
- residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria)
- account statement covering the past 3 months
- certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment
- examinations are taken and the results of current studies
for Master students:
- Bachelor’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French, or Spanish)
- abstract of Bachelor thesis
for Ph.D. students:
- Master’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French, or Spanish)
- abstract of Master thesis
- opinion of an academic supervisor
- a detailed description of the research project and its contribution to the development of practice or discourse
How to Apply For AAI One World Scholarship
- Use the online form provided for this purpose to apply.
- Please send required documents to [email protected] by using a free data transfer (wetransfer)
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an online-interview
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid-August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.