Recently discovered is an ongoing internship opportunity available for South Africans. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to the ongoing 2023 ABSA GenA Global Markets Internship Programme for Young South Africans.
About ABSA GenA Global Markets Internship
A statement made by GenA Global Markets shows their commitment to finding tailored solutions to uniquely local challenges, and everything we do focuses on creating value for our stakeholders.
To this end, they offer a universal set of products and services across retail, business, corporate, investment, and wealth banking as well as investment management and insurance solutions.
Listed on the JSE, the Absa Group is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 15 countries.
The GenA Global Markets Internship is an 18month internship program that can help you get a broad set of skills by rotating across different Markets Trading and Sales desks throughout the 18-month programme. Based on your preference and business needs you could rotate across a selection of these areas within Global Markets: Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Structuring, Credit, QA, and Prime. You have the opportunity to get exposure to the growing African market in which we operate. You will be allocated a buddy to assist and guide you throughout the programme.
Brief Description of Internship
Sponsor(s): ABSA GenA Global Markets
Type of Programme: Internship
Duration: 18 months
Eligible Country: South Africa
Application Deadline: 31 August 2022.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be considered for this internship opportunity, you must have the following criteria:
- Be a South Africa National
- Interested applicants must be graduates with a minimum Honours degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Statistics, Econometrics, Finance or Commerce, Economics and Business Science
- Be a South African with 65%-70% academic aggregates.
- To be considered, you must be a dynamic, ambitious, analytical, problem-solver who is passionate about financial markets, driving change and you are eager to make an impact.
- You must be a well-rounded person who can work well within a team and be ready for an exponential learning experience to be #BravePassionateReady with ABSA.
How to Apply
Interested persons are to simply visit the application portal to apply. Please if you are having issues with the application, kindly contact the scholarship sponsors via the contact details provided on their official website.
Best of Luck!