Application for the 2022 Africa Excellence Scholarships at the University of Newcastle, Australia is currently ongoing. It is our pleasure to invite suitably qualified Africans for the Australia scholarship at Newcastle University.
About The International Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship scheme was established to support passionate Africa Students who wish to pursue their academic careers at the University of Newcastle in the 2022 academic session. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognizes applicants with a strong academic background and motivates them to continue striving to be the best that they can be by providing them with incentives.
Sponsor: University of Newcastle
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Number of Awards: 100
Award Value: $40,000
Scholarship Deadline: Application Ongoing, no deadline yet
- Hold a passport from one of the 54 countries of Africa.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs, and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses to obtain your student visa, and if eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Below is the modality for selection of the Africa Excellence scholarship at Newcastle University:
- Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the university (where eligibility criteria are met).
- Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their Letter of Offer and should review the full terms and conditions, advising the university if they do not wish to accept.
- Scholarship offers will be made based on academic merit. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining ATAR and GPA.
- Students who do not receive an offer of the scholarship will not be eligible for the scholarship. Internal transfer students who are studying at an Australian or Online campus and were not previously awarded the scholarship will also not be eligible. Students studying quota-limited programs will not be eligible for this scholarship (please view full terms and conditions for the list of quota-limited programs which will not be eligible).
- The university reserves the right not to award the scholarship.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to apply for admission at the University of Newcastle via the university’s application portal. Scholarships will automatically be awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible program and who will commence studying at the University of Newcastle.
Kindly contact the university management via their official contact provided on their official website for more guides.