The Federal Government Scholarship Award is officially out for the Year 2022.
If you are a Nigerian Student looking…
- To pay for your University Education.
- find another source of Income.
- Gain funds to start up your first Mini business in college.
Then, this opportunity is for You.
I will explain everything about the FSB Scholarship from Scratch to finish…
Everything you need to know to begin your application.
Here’s what we would cover in this post.
Table of Content
Let’s Get started…
1. Federal Government Scholarship: What is it all about?
The FSB Scholarship is a Grant created by the Federal Government of Nigeria to support Eligible students across Nigeria to fund their University Education.
It is a scheme implemented and monitored by the Federal Scholarship Board, a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director-the Honorable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu.
The Board is designed to…
- Regulate scholarship programs.
- Monitor Exchange programs by Nigeria students,
- Grant Bilateral Exchange Agreement Scholarship awards for Students in Nigeria Colleges.
- Award Foreign Embassy Scholarships and
- Grant Multiple Scholarships Opportunities to Nigerian students.
The Federal Government Scholarship Board (FSB) is mandated to regulate Scholarship verification exercises for any Federal Government Scholarships whether National or International.
2. Who is Eligible for the Federal Government Scholarship?
The Federal Government Scholarship is for any student…
- Residing in Nigeria.
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate or Post Graduate degree program.
- Students that possess the necessary Qualifications imposed by the Federal Scholarship Board and.
- Currently in their 200 level or above in any accredited Universities.
3. What are the Award Types for the Federal Government Scholarship?
The FSB award is distributed into two Scholarship Scheme namely:
- The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
- The Nigeria Award Scholarship Scheme
Let’s dive deeper into them.
3.1 The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship
The Bilateral Educational Agreement is a Scholarship Scheme designed by the Federal Ministry of Education to sponsor eligible Nigerian Students Abroad.
The BEA provides the necessary funds you need to study abroad from your foundation to your graduation year.
It doesn’t matter if you are an Undergraduate, Masters, or Ph.D. student…
The Fund will cover your College expenses, Accommodation, and Tuition in full.
For Undergraduate Studies
If you are pursuing an Undergraduate Study…
It is tenable in the following Countries:
For Postgraduate Studies
If you are pursuing a Postgraduate Study…
It is attainable in the following countries:
- South Korea
- Russia (strictly for students who had their first degree in Russia).
If you noticed, the countries listed are non-English speaking countries…
So you will have to undergo a 1-year Foreign language training program before you can start up your academic studies.
3.2 The Nigeria Award Scholarship Scheme
Just as the name suggests…
The Nigerian Award Scholarship is strictly for students enrolled in a Tertiary Institution.
It is attainable in Nigeria, and students must be enrolled in an accredited institution.
What are the Courses/departments considered for the Federal Government Scholarship Award?
What Courses are considered for this Scholarship?
If you are a student enrolled in…
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- liberal arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Science and Technology
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Environmental Science
You are eligible to apply for the Federal Government Scholarship.
4. Eligibility & Criteria for the Federal Government Scholarship Award?
Do you meet the criteria to apply for the BEA or Nigeria Award Scholarship…?
How do you get to know this?
Here I am going to be breaking down the criteria you must meet before applying for any of the scholarship schemes.
We would be looking at the criteria for each one by one.
4.1 Criteria for the 2022 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
Let’s look at the criteria for the BEA Scholarship for both the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Schemes.
Criteria for the BEA Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Undergraduate students interested in this scholarship must possess a minimum of 5 distinctions in their Secondary School Certificate (A’s & B’s in WAEC preferable).
- The Distinctions achieved should relate to their field of study including English and Mathematics.
- The Certificates should not be longer than two (2) years old for both African and Non-African Countries.
- The Age Limit for the scholarship program is 17 to 20 years.
Criteria for the 2022 BEA Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Applicants for the postgraduate degree course must have achieved a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1st class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- Any applicants who are previous awardees of Foreign Scholarships must have obtained a minimum of two (2) years of employment practice in Nigeria.
- You must have completed the N.Y.S.C program.
- The Age limit for the Master’s studies is 35 years and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Your N.Y.S.C discharge slip must be ready before application and
- Evidence of Readiness should be released by your employer.
The Benefit of the BEA Scholarship:
- Free Funding from foreign countries (they are responsible for your tuition and accommodation fees).
- The Nigerian Government covers up other needs, like warm clothing, and research grants (where applicable).
How long does the BEA Scholarship last?
The BEA Scholarship award lasts for 4-9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
How To Apply for BEA Scholarship:
Click on the BEA Scholarship Application link.
After you click on the link, you will be redirected to their official website.
While surfing the website, you will discover that the application forms must be completed online.
After Completion, you will be required to submit the following:
- Valid Copies of Academic Certificates.
- A Valid International Passport
Duly signed Medical Reports from any government hospital.
- your national Identification Number (NIN).
- ClearanceCertificates from Police (if applicable).
The BEA Office lines:
If you have any questions concerning the BEA Scholarship…
Reach out to the Scholarship board via 08077884417/09094268637
4.2 Criteria for the 2022 Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA)
I will break down the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Nigeria Award Scholarship…
Whether you pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate program.
Let’s get started…
Criteria for the Nigeria Award Undergraduate Scholarship
- You must be a full-time student in the second year or above in any Federal or State University, Polytechnics, Monotechnics, and college of education.
- You must have at least 4.0 out of 5.0 CGPA on a 5.0-point scale or its equivalent 5.0 to 7.0-point scale.
Criteria for the Nigeria Award Postgraduate Scholarship:
You must possess a minimum of a First Degree with a Second Class Honor Upper Division.
You must be a full-time student registered in a State or Federal University.
The benefit of the Nigeria Award Scholarship:
- Payment of Institutional charges and fees.
- Personal Expense covering.
- Clearance of Project fees and Departmental dues.
Scholarship Value of the Nigeria Scholarship Award:
The Nigeria Award Scholarship rewards shortlisted and verified candidates with 250,000 per year for Undergraduate studies and 300,000 per year for Postgraduate studies.
It depends on your level…
- If you are in 200 & 300 levels you get paid Three times.
- If you are in 400 & 500 levels you get paid Twice.
- If you are a Master’s or Ph.D. student, you get paid depending on the duration of your program.
Mode of Application for the Nigeria Award Scholarship:
The application forms are to be filled out and submitted online…
After submission prints a copy of the following documents:
- CGPA result slips for years 1,2 and 3.
- State or Local Identification Letter
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs with a duly signed signature (Your signature).
- Current Course Registration slip
Letter of Admission from Jamb or Institution.
These documents should be taken to the Computer Based Test Center during the Examination Exercise.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship application and exercise…
Reach out to the National Award Scholarship Team via Email at [email protected]
4.3 Important Information for NA/BEA Scholarship
- Choose a Computer-Based Center closest to you for easy access during the examination stage.
- Select any of the FSB Schemes (BEA or Nigeria Award) to apply for depending on priority.
5. How to Apply for the Bilateral Education Agreement & Nigeria Award Scholarship.
Apply for the BEA & NA Scholarship via the application portal here.
In the Future…
I will prepare a post to help you apply for the Federal Government Scholarship Step by Step.
6. Deadline for the 2022 Bilateral Education Agreement Award.
The application for the Bilateral Education Agreement Award ends on 31st January 2023.
7. Deadline for the 2022 Nigeria Award Scholarship Scheme.
The application for the Nigerian Award Scholarship Scheme begins on 9th May 2022 and ends on 20th June 2022.
You are advised to apply for it, before the deadline.
Remember that the FSB Scholarship is one of the highest-paid scholarships in Nigeria for Undergraduate students.
Thus, it would be highly competitive.
You need to strive as much as possible to stand out in your application amongst thousands of other applications in Nigeria.
Don’t forget to apply early, upload the correct documents and avoid grammatical errors.
Also, make sure that your contact details are accurate (this would be used to reach you anytime and anywhere).
With Accuracy in your application and luck, you will be able to fully secure this scholarship in 2022.
Good luck with your Scholarship application.
PS: Kindly share this information with all Nigeria Students who are seeking scholarships to travel abroad.