Mastercard Scholarship: The Application is open for one of the most authentic fully funded scholarship programs. Currently ongoing is 2022 Fully Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at USIU-Africa for Africans.
Note: This scholarship doesn’t require IELTS/GRE/TOEFL results, as such it is a very accommodating scholarship program for candidates without such results.
Kindly read all details provided in this article as released by the sponsors without compromise.
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
By the completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications. The scholarship targets African youth who are either, Young Women, Refugees/ displaced Youth, Persons with disabilities, and Young Men with the following qualities;
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
Brief Scholarship Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard
Host Institutions: USIU-Africa
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Country: All Countries
Application Deadline: 16 September 2022
Full Scholarship Benefits of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptop and library books
- Reasonable accommodation and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home once a year
- Access to leadership training
- Access to entrepreneurial training
- Psycho-social support, career counseling and mentorship
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
Eligibility Requirement for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at USIU-Africa
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must;
- Candidates must not be more than 29years old
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- Have a proven record of leadership involvement and community give-back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
The Scholars program will communicate to applicants through email and phone contact. Applicants should ensure that the phone numbers and email addresses provided are accurate and active in order to receive important information and feedback.
- After the selection process, successful applicants will be invited for a virtual or in-person interview conducted by independent panels.
- Applicants who will be discovered to have provided false information during any stage of the application and selection process will be disqualified. Any attempt to influence the selection process will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Scholars program at USIU-Africa does not work with any agents or intermediaries in the application and selection process. There are absolutely NO charges, fees, or “facilitation” required at any stage of the application and selection process.
Also Apply: 2022 University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can download the application from the USIU-Africa website; Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
- Submit the complete application together with other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica
Download Guidelines for recommendation letter here.
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SEND ONLY ONE COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE AND INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
Visit the USIU fficial Website for More Information