We are pleased to inform the general public of the 2022 KAS Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Zimbabwe is pleased to issue this call for scholarship applications in order to welcome a new group of energetic young academics to their scholarship and alumni program and network.
The Scholarship Program is aimed at students studying at a Zimbabwean university in the fields of Law, Media/Journalism, Public Management, Political Science, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Peace Building, Ethics, and History, with a political perspective on their chosen subject.
About Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)
The Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) is a German political party foundation affiliated with but independent of the center-right Christian Democratic Union (CDU). The headquarters of the foundation are in Sankt Augustin, near Bonn, as well as in Berlin.
The KAS has 78 offices worldwide and operates programs in over 100 countries. Its current chairman is Norbert Lammert, the former President of the German Bundestag. It is a member of the Martens Centre, the European People’s Party’s official foundation and thinks tank (EPP). It was ranked 15th among global think tanks in 2020.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Study In: Zimbabwe
Award Value: Fully Funded and Travel Allowance
Application Deadline: 31 July 2022
Full Benefits of the KAS Scholarship Program
- Full tuition and examination fees for the standard duration of study from your admittance into the program onwards
- Accommodation costs on-campus or a contribution to off-campus accommodation
- Semester stipend for internet, books, and transportation costs.
- Furthermore, you will be part of the KAS Scholarship Alumni Network and be invited to closely follow and wherever possible join the activities of the foundation in-country and internationally.
Requirements for KAS Scholarship Program Qualification
Scholarship applicants should:
- Be at least in their second year of bachelor studies;
- Prove above-average academic performance;
- Be actively engaged in voluntary work;
- Possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues;
- Have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights;
- Be open to developing their personal points of view and practice tolerance;
- Be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
Documents Required for Application
- Filled-out application form
- A cover letter (max. 1 page)
- A meaningful CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment (max. 2 pages)
- Copy of your latest transcript
- An informal academic or employment/volunteer letter of recommendation (this can be a copy of an Email from an official university/organizational Email-account). This letter should provide information about your qualifications and potential.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should download the application form here
To apply, send application documents to [email protected] by the deadline of July 31, 2022.
Visit the KAS Official Website For More Information.