Snapchat Scholarship: currently ongoing is the application for the 2022 Snapchat 523 Program for Black Content Creators with $10k monthly stipends.
About the Snapchat 523 Program
The Snapchat 523 Program 2022 is now accepting applications. The Black Creator Accelerator will provide a $10,000 monthly stipend to 25 aspiring Black creators to pursue creative endeavors and connect them with opportunities to launch sustainable, full-fledged careers.
The goal is to give them industry knowledge, resources, mentorship, and opportunities to help them get started in their careers. Selected applicants will receive hands-on training and educational workshops from industry experts who work on a wide range of Snapchat products, including Discover, Stories, Spotlight, and Maps. Creators will learn how to use these various offerings to create great content, promote their profiles, expand their audiences, and more.
Brief Program Details
Number of Awards: 25
Award Value: $10,000 monthly for selected persons
Application Deadline: 12 August 2022
Full Benefit of Snapchat 523 Scholarship
- The Black Creator Accelerator will provide 25 aspiring Black creators with a $10k/month stipend to pursue creative endeavors and get connected with opportunities to launch sustainable, full-fledged careers.
- In addition, Google Pixel, Westbrook Media, and UNCMMN will work with Snapchat to enrich the educational curriculum and create tailored workshops for participants.
Eligibility Requirement for Snapchat 523 Contest
- Applicant should be at least 18 years old
- Self-identify as Black
- Emerging creator
- Someone at the beginning of their content journey who is creating, iterating, and improving over time with little outside guidance
- Seeking to become a professional creator
- History of abiding by community guidelines (on Snapchat)
- Creates positive content that aligns with Snapchat’s values (empathy, kindness, creativity)
Applicants will be evaluated holistically by a cross-functional group of Snapchat team members based on the following criteria to ensure an equitable selection process:
- Having a unique and consistent voice
- Alignment with Snapchat’s values
- A clear vision for future career goals
- June 23: Applications open
- August 12: Applications close
- September: You’ll hear from Snapchat about application status & selection
- September: 523 for Black Creators class announced
How to Apply
You’ve already got the content creation chops, so don’t wait — apply to the 523 program now! Click on the “Apply Button” below to begin your application.
Visit the Snapchat 523 Program Webpage For More Information