The Investment Analyst Program an initiative of World Bank Group for the support of investment teams to develop new business strategies has therefore created Intern availability for Young Nigerians. This is to as well foster capacity building among Nigeria Graduates.
As released by the World Bank Group, the World Bank is seeking Investment Analysts in Nigeria to support investment teams to develop new business, execute transactions, and actively manage portfolio projects.
Students and Graduates are to note that, Internships pave way for employment in big companies and industries. Some companies carry out internships process concerning the staffing of their firm. This is to train persons with skills applicable to their industrial process and thereafter get the exceptional interns employed.
About The World Bank Group Analyst Program
In low- and middle-income nations around the world, private-sector financial development is critical to the establishment of strong and sustainable economies. Financial markets that are sound and efficient help ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, aiding job creation and stimulating economic growth. The International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) goal is to prioritize financial sector investment because it fosters development in all other sectors.
For its Africa Infrastructure branch, the IFC is recruiting an Investment Analyst. In North Africa, Nigeria, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome e Principe, and Horn of Africa regions (collectively “the Region”), the hiring group is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in the power, utilities, logistics, technology, municipal finance, and transportation sectors. Investment analysts are those who work in the financial industry.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): World Bank Group
Program Type: Internship
Eligible Countries: Nigerians
Value of Program: Well paid Monthly Salary Throughout The Program
Duration of Program: 2 years.
Application Deadline: 8th June 2022
Aim and Benefits of the Program
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life, and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Also Apply: Fully Funded Government of Germany DAAD Scholarship 2023/2024
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, specialization in finance preferred.
- Experience at a top-tier financial institution (minimum 2+ years) with a proven track record, including experience creating financial models.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Interest in development issues and working in emerging markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Language skills in Portuguese are a bonus.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and review financial models and ensure consistency with financing agreements and relevant project documents.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements.
- Conduct industry and market research.
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and other information submitted by clients.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
- Work closely with IFC environment and social, insurance, technical, legal, and treasury staff and external advisors to evaluate and process investment projects.
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Participate in investment negotiations, and the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies including quarterly reporting, compliance, and tracking of development outcomes.
How to Apply
Kindly begin your application by clicking the apply here button below. Ensure you read all instructions carefully.