African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship for African Students
African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship: African students are invited to the 2023 African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship for African Students.
This is a program that is fully sponsored by AfDB to build African students with intensive capacity and robust employability skills.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship was created to give students the opportunity to gain professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
The program’s overarching goal is to provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment.
Brief Program Details
Benefits: Fully Sponsorship | Training | Monthly Stipends
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 22 February 2023
Quickly Join MyscholarshipNG WhatsApp Group for Job Updates Here
Full Benefits and Duration of the AfDB Virtual Internship
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The training is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Selected interns will perform their internship remotely while waiting for the Bank to gradually return to the office. As such, interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, a reliable internet connection, and a conducive living environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- In a few cases, and especially where the duties and responsibilities to be assigned to interns cannot be performed remotely, the Bank may approve on-site internships on an exceptional basis. In such instances:
- interns shall be responsible for their air travel (in case of) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- the Bank will use reasonable efforts to assist the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Eligible interns will benefit from medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during the period of their internship.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
Internship Areas of Focus
- Power, Energy, Climate, and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure, and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
To be eligible for the African Development Bank Internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the Member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the Degree mentioned above.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’ two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Regular Staff: If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
External Candidate: If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant, or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.