International Internship: The application is open for the African Union (AU) Internship Program for African Students 2022. Undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduate African students are encouraged to apply.
The program’s goal is to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage in their professional careers and to help them develop their personal and professional skills.
About the AU Internship Program
The AU internship program is a full-time commitment that allows qualified individuals from a variety of academic backgrounds to gain professional experience at the AU. As an organization that values diversity and teamwork, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the work of the AU and be able to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): African Union (AU)
Benefits: Training | Networking | Support
Academic Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, and postgraduate
Duration of Program: 6 Months
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: Open
Full Benefits of the African Union Internship Program
- The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional careers and strengthen their personal and professional skills.
- It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various application fields while learning in an intercultural environment.
- The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
Requirements for AU Internship Program
The Program is open to applicants who are:
- Nationals of the African Union’s Member States;
- Students enrolled in full-time undergraduate (in the final year of study)/ postgraduate study or graduates from a recognized institution of learning;
- Fluent in one of the AU official working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese, Kishwahili);
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 32 at the time of application;
- Meet the requirements specified in the terms of reference.
Documents Required for Application
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of a valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
Application procedure for the AU Internship
Suitable and qualified candidates should click on the apply button below to begin their application process.
- Applicants will be required to create a profile on the AU Careers portal.
- Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Visit the AU Official Website for More Information