Andela Recruitment: Currently ongoing is a job recruitment for the position of Machine Learning Engineering Lead at Andela Nigeria.
Andela is a network of technology leaders who are committed to increasing human potential. By investing in Africa’s most talented software developers, we help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams. Andela, with offices in New York, San Francisco, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda, and Kampala, is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while addressing the global technical talent shortage.
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
More to Know About Andela
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long-term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are thrilled to continue building our remote-first team with exceptional individuals like you!
Brief Job Details
Job Title: Machine Learning Engineering Lead
About the Role
- Andela’s two-sided marketplace is a multifaceted hub of experienced talent and leading companies with exciting challenges related to pricing, matching, marketplace health, go-to-market campaigns, and many others.
- Data Science (DS) is a key weapon at Andela to attack these problems. We employ a wide variety of approaches including but not limited to system dynamics and simulation, machine learning (ML) on both structured and unstructured data, recommendation algorithms, and combinatorial optimization.
- The ML Engineering Lead at Andela will take primary ownership of deploying all ML and DS algorithms on Andela’s product marketplace
- You will be defining solution architecture and playing an active role in algorithm deployment with a razor-sharp focus on minimizing latency, managing computation resources effectively, and guiding the execution of this model in collaboration with the Andela data, engineering, and product teams.
- Work with the Principal Data Scientist, product managers and platform engineers to identify the right delivery approach for algorithms.
- Develop ML Architecture for each solution to meet product and system performance requirements.
- Deploy the solution in production in collaboration with the data, engineering and product teams and build appropriate monitoring systems.
- Graduate Degree (M.Sc / Ph.D.) in Engineering / Information Systems / Applied Science or equivalent practical experience.
- High fluency in ML algorithms and other data science approaches.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience deploying algorithms in production for impactful B2B and/or B2C products.
- Flexibility in working with a variety of data science approaches.
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented languages such as Python or Java.
- Experience with cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela.
Apply Also: 2022 Polaris Bank Graduate Trainee Program for Nigerian Graduates
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the “Apply Button” below to submit an application.