BFW (Black Fashion World) Scholarship: Currently ongoing is a scholarship opportunity for the empowerment of black entrepreneurs. Eligible and interested candidates are hereby invited to the 2022 Black Fashion World Scholarship Fund for Fashion Entrepreneurs.
The BFW Scholarship Fund provides educational grants to African Americans who are financially limited and have demonstrated a strong desire to pursue a career in the fashion industry despite adversity.
Their difficulties may have included socioeconomic setbacks such as teen pregnancy, previous incarceration, interrupted schooling, poverty, and homelessness. According to datawheel.us, the Black or African American student population at the Fashion Institute of Technology was 9.27 percent in 2017, compared to 44.3 percent White, 18.8 percent Hispanic or Latino, and 11.2 percent Asian. The goal of the Black Fashion World Foundation is to remove financial barriers that prevent this demographic of creatives from obtaining the necessary education that will help them fulfill their fashion dreams.
About the Black Fashion World Scholarship
The Black Fashion World Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Delaware that was founded to break down the barriers that often stymie black fashion entrepreneurs. Until now, no organization has provided black fashion professionals with adequate opportunities for higher education, capital, mentorship, and business expert advice, as well as advertising opportunities and distributors.
The Black Fashion World Mission: To empower black fashion-preneurs to fulfill their dreams via educational, networking, and opportunity events.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Black Fashion World
Host Country: United States
Award Value: Financial Support Grant
Application Deadline: 1 August 2022
Eligibility Requirements for BFW Scholarship Fund Qualification
- Applicant must be an African American, Black, Pan African;
- High School seniors, students with GED diplomas, undergraduate (2-year or 4-year) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools;
- Career Changers may apply. Must not have an undergraduate degree;
- US citizen or Permanent Resident;
- 18 to 44 years of age;
- Minimum 2.0 GPA;
- Household income not exceeding $75,000 USD;
- Their proof of resilience in the face of adversity and a willingness to make positive contributions to their communities are necessary for consideration;
- Students must effectively communicate how they will serve the community upon completion of the program.
Selection Modality and Criteria
- Display of Leadership
- Community Service
- Socio-Economic Factors
- Quality of Essay and/or Video Message Submission
- Testimonials to Character
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on the “Apply Button” below to begin their scholarship application.
Visit BFW Official Website for More Information