Application is open for the 2022 FRAME Intra-African Mobility Scholarships for African Students. This is a scholarship for masters and Ph.D. programs.
Eligible and suitable qualified candidates are hereby invited for the Intra-African Mobility Scholarships for African Students. Kindly read the full details and instructions carefully before making the application.
About FRAME Intra-African Mobility Scholarships
The Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme was established under the Pan-African Programme (Development Cooperation Instrument) and is based on the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme’s experience.
The program’s goal is to develop students and faculty’s abilities and competencies through increased mobility among African countries. The specific goal is to implement Master’s, Doctoral level, and staff mobilities through a robust graduate research and study program (GRSP) on Food, Energy, and Water Security (F.E.W.S), in collaboration with a suite of academic programs offered by the partner schools.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Intra-African Mobility Scheme
Academic Level: Masters and Ph.D.
Award Value: Fully Funded and Travel Allowance
Eligible Countries: Africans
Application Deadline: 13 August 2022
Full Scholarship Benefits
The Intra-African Scholarship award covers the following:
Travel and visa expenses
• One (1) return flight ticket according to travel bands
• Visa costs related to the mobility
• Master’s: ¤ 600 and Doctorates: ¤ 900
• One-month equivalent settling-in allowance
• One extra month of allowance for female candidates
Insurance cost (medical, travel, accident)
• 75 maximum per month
Longer mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral) registered at a host
University for purposes of obtaining a Degree.
Shorter mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral), registered at home
University who would enroll at the host University to gather credits
towards the registered degree.
Below are the requirements:
- Applicants must be nationals of African Countries
- Students and Staff must be nationals and residents of an African country
Below are the documents requirements for the scholarship application:
- Academic Certificate
- Description of research topic
- Official English Language Test
- Official Transcript of Diploma
- Proof of registration/Alumni
- Current Resume or CV
- Host University Application form (Proof of application to the host University)
Countries and Fields for Scholarship Award Study
Below is the list of countries you would undergo your study at, kindly apply accordingly:
Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia: Portal (3 degree-seeking) (5 credit seeking)
- Master of Agribusiness Management
- Master of Natural Resource Management
- Master of Spatial Science
- Master of Environmental Engineering
University of Buea, Cameroon: Portal (2 credit seeking)
- Doctorate in Agronomy (crop protection)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana: Portal (4 credit seeking)
- PhD Food and Post-Harvest Engineering
- PhD Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Master in Renewable Energy Technologies
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Engineering
Hawassa University, Ethiopia: Portal (3 degree-seeking) (4 credit seeking)
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- PhD Animal Nutrition
University of the Free State, South Africa: Portal (1 Master degree-seeking) (1 PhD credit seeking)
- PhD in Disaster Management
- Master of Soil, Crop, and Climate Sciences (Agronomy)
How to Apply
The application process for the FRAME scholarship consists of two steps:
1) Program entrance application to respective host universities
2) FRAME scholarship application
Please keep in mind that admittance to the universities does not guarantee a scholarship for the FRAME program.
This means that candidates may be admitted to the university but not necessarily receive the scholarship.
Kindly visit the frame scholarship portal here and follow the five application steps provided.