Yet again is an opportunity for youths all around the world. This is the application for the 2022 IMF Youth Fellowship Program for Young People Worldwide. This article contains all you need to know about the IMF Youth Fellowship Program and how to apply.
The 2022 IMF Youth Fellowship Program gives young participants the opportunity to be a part of the global effort to build better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to global economic challenges.
Participants will have virtual access to the IMF Annual Meetings and will be able to participate in virtual training led by IMF experts and development professionals to improve their knowledge and communications skills as well as share their perspectives on the current economic environment, with a focus on addressing inclusive growth, food insecurity, inflation, and climate change while creating a better future for youth.
About International Monetary Fund (IMF)
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is a 189-country organization that promotes global monetary cooperation, financial stability, international trade facilitation, high employment and sustainable economic growth, and poverty reduction around the world.
The IMF, founded in 1945, is governed and accountable to the 189 countries that comprise its nearly global membership.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank share the goal of improving living conditions in their respective member countries.
Their approaches to achieving this common goal are complementary, with the IMF focusing on macroeconomic and financial stability and the World Bank on long-term economic development and poverty reduction.
Brief Program Summary
Sponsor(s): International Monetary Fund (IMF
Eligible Countries: World Wide
Application Deadline: 20 August 2022
Full Benefits of IMF Youth Fellowship Program
- Unique and rewarding opportunity for young professionals to meet scholars, activists, leaders, and experts while creating lasting connections with other youth fellows from around the world
- Participation in workshops and discussions with senior IMF staff on current global economic issues including inclusive growth, food insecurity, and climate change
- Virtual access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events
- Becoming part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events, and publications
Requirements for IMF Youth Fellowship Program
Below are the requirements criteria to be considered for the IMF Youth Fellowship Program:
Applicants must be between the ages of 20 – 35
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
- Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
- Content creation and/or contributing to independent platforms
- Knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development issues particularly on inclusive economic growth, food security, inflation, and climate change
- Students or graduates in the field of international relations, development, communications, journalism, economics, or related fields
- Basic knowledge of English (for the training program and Annual Meetings coverage)
IMF Fellowship Modality
Phase I: Fellowship program will open to all via the application form on the contest website.
- August 20 (11:59 PM ET) – Deadline for applications
- August 22 – Committee’s selection process begins
- Week of September 12 – Shortlisted participant’s announcement
Phase II: Selected participants will join a capacity-building program during the Annual Meetings.
- October 10 & 11 – Workshops on current global economic issues focusing on inclusive growth, food insecurity, and climate change and sessions on communications skills
- Attending the Annual Meetings seminars and events is encouraged to gain a broader understanding and knowledge of current economic issues facing the world
- October 13 – Group presentations on selected topics
How to Apply
Are you interested in the IMF Fellowship Program? Kindly click the apply button below to begin the application process.
Visit the IMF Official Website for More Information