National Essay Competition: Are you a Nigerian Student? Here is an opportunity to bring your ideas to writing and stand a chance to win the UBA Foundation Million Naira award. The application is open for the 2022 UBA Foundation National Essay Competition for Nigerian Students (7.5 million Naira in Prizes).
The essay competition, now in its 11th year, is organized annually as part of the UBA Foundation’s education initiative, which aims to promote a reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition among secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
About UBA Foundation
United Bank for Africa Plc, headquartered in Nigeria, is a leading pan-African financial services group. With operations in 20 African countries and offices in three global financial centers: London, Paris, and New York, it is one of Africa’s best and most resilient banking groups.
UBA has been present in Africa since 1949 when it was known as the British and French Bank Limited.
 It inherited BFB’s assets and liabilities and was formed as a limited liability company on February 23, 1961, in accordance with the Compliance Ordinance (Cap 37) 1922.
Brief Program Summary
Sponsor(s): UBA Foundation
Award Value: N7.5 Million award for winners
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 14 October 2022
This year, the topic is “ASUU Strikes have often cost Nigerian students time. Advise the Nigerian government on how they can reach an agreement with ASUU to improve tertiary education in the country.”
Full Benefits of UBA Foundation National Essay Competition
- The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is an N3 million educational grant, while the second and third prizes are N2.5 million and N2 million in educational grants to any African University of their choice.
Requirements for UBA Foundation National Essay Competition
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID, or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, the second round of the competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which the three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
How to Apply
Interested and suitable qualified candidates should click the “Apply Button” below to begin their registration.
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address, and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Visit the UBA Foundation Official Website for More Information