The Nigeria Youth Future Fund (NYFF) is sponsoring a 1 Million Naira valued award for the 2022 Youth Leadership Debate. The Youth Leadership Debate is aimed at Nigeria Students, raising their voice for social change.
This content contains full details for the debate competition as released by the NYFF.
Table of Content
About The Debates
Tagline: Raise Your Voice For Social Change!
The 2022 Youth Leadership Debates are about giving your voice confidence and using your voice as an effective tool to develop Nigeria. The Youth Leadership Debate Competition aims to provide capacity building to selected young people from tertiary institutions, assisting them in critically evaluating information, advocating from a position of knowledge, and collectively shaping their vision for Nigeria, thus equipping them to be active citizens.
Why the Youth Leadership Debate Competition?
Higher education institutions play a key role in delivering solutions to the economy’s numerous difficulties and developing the economy through cutting-edge research and innovative activities. As a result, universities should act as a hub where young people receive holistic and vigorous assistance, engage in intellectual debates of national importance, and are empowered to solve socioeconomic concerns. As a result, the goal of the Youth Leadership Debates competition is to provide capacity building to selected young people from tertiary institutions, assisting them in critically evaluating information, advocating from a position of knowledge, and collectively shaping their vision for Nigeria, thus equipping them to be active citizens.
Topic Focus of The Debate
The program will engage university and tertiary-level students across Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones through an online campaign and campus tour that will foster policy debates on key socioeconomic issues and inspire active youth participation in electoral and decision-making processes, particularly in light of the 2023 general elections.
The debates will revolve around the topic #TheNigeriaWeWant.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2022
Nigeria Youth Future Fund (NYFF) Award Prize/Value for Youth Leadership Debate
- A Laptop for each member of the team + other benefits
- Tablets for each member of the team + other benefits
- A phone for each member of the team + other benefits
Below are stages in the debate completion process
- Submission of Applications
- Elimination Stage 1
- Elimination Stage 2
- Group Stage (Quarterfinals)
- The National Finale
1. A team of 3 to 4 students from the same tertiary institution applies by sending in a video of not more than 5 mins with 2 debaters addressing any socioeconomic issue from the 7 thematic areas
2. Video should be uploaded on any social media platform, and the link to the video should be provided on the application form
3. Evidence, such as course forms, of each team member, enrolled in the institution would be required
Debate entries should be focused on the following thematic areas:!
- Employment and Education
- Media, Sport, and Entertainment
- Peace building and Security
- ICT and Entrepreneurship
- Climate Change and Environment
- Civic participation
Each team member is required to upload their student ID Cards or Course Registration Forms.
How To Apply
Kindly Visit the Nigeria Youth Future Fund (NYFF) official website here. read full instructions.
Download all necessary resources provided by NYFF. Thereafter begin your application via the registration portal here.