Application is open for the 2023 ASU/Mastercard Foundation Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship at Arizona State University.
Arizona State University, in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 young African professionals at the Master’s level for various programs over a four-year period.
About the Mastercard Foundation Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship
This scholarship program is part of EdPlus, an ASU central enterprise unit focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and lower barriers to achievement in higher education.
This is a traditional on-campus 2-year Master’s program that focuses on training EdTech experts for Africa. Scholars have the opportunity to work part-time with the Baobab team while classes are in session to gain hands-on experience implementing the strategic objectives of the Baobab Platform.
The Baobab Platform entails the establishment of an online learning community that will eventually include over 70,000 aspiring young African leaders from all over the world. Scholars will be supported to participate in a 2-month Africa-based internship that is related to their program of study between their first and second year.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation in collaboration with Arizona University
Study Country: USA
Host Institution: Arizona University
Academic Level: Masters/Postgraduate
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 7 October 2022
Benefits of ASU/Mastercard Foundation Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing
- Costs incurred for English language tests
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona
- Full tuition, books and fees
- Participation in Scholarship programming
Eligible Programs for the Scholarship
Scholarships are available for the following full time, on-campus graduate programmes:
- User Experience, MS
- Graphic Information Technology, MS
- Computer Science, MS
- Information Technology, MS
- Learning Sciences, MA
- Digital Culture, MS
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA concentration must be in either Business Analytics or Marketing
Also Apply: 2023 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for Developing Countries
Requirements for ASU/Mastercard Foundation Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship
- Applicants must want to apply for one of the eligible programmes listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Applicants must present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum 4 years of study.
- Applicants must not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the programme.
How to Apply for the Arizona University Mastercard Scholarship
All applicants are advised to apply for the scholarship first and, if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to Arizona State University. Interviews via video or phone calls will be held during November 2022, with final decisions made by February 2023. All successful applicants will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to join the Program in July 2023.
There are 2 ways to submit your application:
- To submit an online application, Click Here. OR
- If you have limited internet access, you can complete and submit a downloadable version of the application to email@example.com. To access the downloadable form Click Here.
Visit the Baobab Official Website for More Information