USA Scholarship: The Application is open for the 2023 Brown University Information Futures Lab Fellowship Program.
The Information Futures Fellowship is a unique opportunity for practitioners working on responses to the ongoing information crisis in public health, healthcare, community organizations, media, policy, design, and other fields.
The six-month fellowship gives these practitioners the resources, time, research partners, training, and peer network they need to develop new ideas, evaluate existing programs, and design and test novel interventions.
IF Fellows are members of Brown University’s Information Futures Lab and will interact with a diverse network of global researchers, technologists, community leaders, journalists, policymakers, librarians, and educators during their fellowship.
About The Brown University
Brown University, founded in 1764, is a leading research university with world-renowned faculty, as well as an innovative educational institution where students’ curiosity, creativity, and intellectual joy drive academic excellence.
The undergraduate Open Curriculum spirit pervades every aspect of the University. Brown is a place where rigorous scholarship, complex problem-solving, and public service are characterized by intense collaboration, intellectual discovery, and working across traditional boundaries.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Brown University
Academic Level: Postgraduate
Host Country: United States
Award Value: Financial Funding
Application Deadline: 15 August 2022
Full Benefits of Brown University Fellowship Program
- Fellows will be paid $35,000 for the six-month fellowship period. If an employer keeps the fellow on salary during the fellowship because the project benefits the organization, no fellowship stipend will be provided; the unused stipend will be extended to another fellow who will join the cohort.
- All fellows are eligible for project/program support of up to $10,000, as well as domestic and international travel expenses of up to $2,000 and $5,000, respectively (international). Furthermore, projects are eligible for a $5,000 honorarium to compensate thought partners and collaborators.
Also Apply: Chicago Biomedical Consortium (CBC) 2022 Entrepreneurial Fellows Award Program
Requirements for Brown University Fellowship Program
- Open to practitioners with at least 5-10 years of experience and a proven track record in areas including, but not limited to: policy-making, public health, libraries, education, communications, design, fact-checking, journalism, healthcare, community leadership, research or government.
- They are particularly interested in applicants working with communities that are underrepresented in efforts to improve the information.
- They also prioritize applicants who, without this fellowship, might not be able to dedicate space and resources to design and implement a program with their community in mind.
Documents Required for Application
- Resume/CV: A PDF upload or link to your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile
- Four short answer questions about your pilot idea and execution
- Two confidential letters of recommendation
How to Apply
Kindly visit the University website here to apply.