Japan Scholarship: Do you intend to study abroad? Here is an opportunity for a fully funded scholarship to study in Japan. Currently ongoing is the 2023 Japan Government MEXT Scholarships for International Students to Study in Japan.
For interested international students, the Japan Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) has opened applications for the 2023 Japan Government MEXT Scholarships.
This scholarship is available for undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and post-doctoral studies.
This is a scholarship that is fully sponsored by the Japan Government MEXT. It is one of the most authentic and exceptional scholarships to study abroad. Kindly read through this content carefully and thoroughly to understand the scholarship process and how to apply rightly.
About Japan 2023 Japan Government MEXT Scholarships
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / Ph.D.) students.
Normally, the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship application cycle is announced in April. This scholarship does not require knowledge of the Japanese language or IELTS/TOEFL.
Brief Scholarship Summary
Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Academic Level: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D., Postgraduate, Training
Universities: Japanese Universities
Award Value: Fully Funded & Monthly Stipend
Eligible Country: All Countries
Duration: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, Ph.D.: 3-4 Years
Application Deadline: Varies by Country
Full Benefits of MEXT Scholarships
MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance ($18,311 monthly)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination and Tuition fees at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Eligibility Requirement for the 2023 Japan Government Scholarships
Below are the criteria for eligibility to be considered for the 2023 Japan MEXT Scholarships:
- The required language is English
- Candidates from countries all around the world are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / Ph.D. Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools that major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
- Submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Be able to arrive in Japan between April 1, 2023, and April 7, 2023.
- In principle, newly obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and enter Japan with the residence status of “Student.”
All categories of courses are available at all Japanese universities, ranging from social science to engineering, medicine to health, arts and humanities, and so on. There are no restrictions on the academic field of studies.
Below are the required documents for the MEXT Scholarships:
- Mark Sheet Form
- Application Form
- 2 Recommendation Letter: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in either English. (for research students)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
- Health Certificate
- Research Plan (only research students)
- Abstract of theses (if applicable)
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Secondary School: (Matric/O Levels, Attested copy)
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Higher Secondary School: (Intermediate/A Levels, Attested copy)
- Attested copy of Certificate of enrollment from the current educational institution (if applicable)
- Hope certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final result is expected by August 2022)
Note: MEXT Scholarships will be awarded to those who are willing to contribute to mutual understanding between Japan and their home country by participating in activities at schools and communities while studying in Japan, as well as those who want to contribute to Japan’s internationalization.
They must also make efforts to promote relations between their home countries and Japan by maintaining close ties with the university they attended after graduation, cooperating in the conduct of surveys and questionnaires, and cooperating with relevant projects and events organized by the Japanese diplomatic mission after they return to their home countries.
Step by Step Application Procedure on How to Apply for 2023 Japan Government MEXT Scholarships
Kindly read the full information provided in this section. Find the Japanese Embassy of your country, and click on the “apply button “for the category of scholarship you need to apply for below. Ensure you go to the Japanese Embassy of your country to complete the application process.
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of the Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it out.
- Submit the required documents (list given below) to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or the embassy website.
Contact Us here for Guide.