We are pleased to bring to you a golden opportunity that is being sponsored by one of the leading tech companies in the world, Google.
Application for the second cohort of the Google for Startup Black Founders Fund for Africa is now open as announced by Google. Interested candidates are hereby invited to apply for this opportunity.
What to Know About Google for Startups Black Founders Fund
The Google for Startups Black Founders Fund provides non-dilutive cash awards to Black-led startups that have participated in our programs or have been nominated by our partner community or a previous recipient. Selected founders receive up to $100,000 in the capital along with Google Cloud credits, Google.org Ads grants, and hands-on support to help their startup grow.
As a result of the successful first cohort which was held last year, Google has shown readiness and willingness to its commitment by increasing the funding by an additional $1million in funding and also supporting 10 more founders this year.
This additional $1million commitment will result in a commitment of $4 million to 60 eligible black-founded startups across Africa who will be selected.
Aim and Benefits of Google Startups Black Founders Fund
- Access to capital up to $100K in equity-free cash will be awarded to each startup.
- We connect founders with the very best of Google’s people, products, and practices.
- At its core, the Black Founders Fund is a global initiative. Selected founders have the opportunity to connect with founders from all over the world.
Number of Beneficiaries: 60
Eligible Countries: Africa Countries listed in the eligibility section
Application Deadline: 31 May 2022
Who Is Eligible to Apply for Google for Startups Black Founders Fund?
Below are eligibility criteria stating who is qualified to apply for this opportunity:
- Early-stage startups with black founders or diverse founding teams,
- Startups that are benefiting the black community,
- Operating and headquartered in Africa,
- Startups with a diverse founding team with at least one black founding member;
- Those having a legal presence on the continent and building technology solutions for Africa and the global market;
- Those who have the growth potential to raise more funding and create jobs.
List of Countries Eligible to Apply
Thirteen Africa Countries have been selected to partake in this program. This selection was made because these thirteen countries are the prime focus due to their active tech and startup ecosystems, strong applications from other African countries will also be considered.
The eligible countries are:
- Côte d’Ivoire
- South Africa
The application process is very simple. To begin your application, kindly go to Google for the Startups Black Founders Fund application portal.
Visit the Official Website for More Information