Apply here for the 2023 NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students. This scholarship is a merit award scholarship for Nigerian Students to provide financial support for them to aid them in achieving academic excellence.
This scholarship offer provides annual financial grants for successfully shortlisted candidates that will scale them throughout their stay in the university provided the students keep up with the required CGPA.
This scholarship will terminate whenever you fall below the required CGPA, this is to encourage academic excellence by ensuring students do their best to keep up with their good academic performance.
Please kindly read all the instructions here carefully. This scholarship is of two categories, as such, applying for the wrong category is an automatic disqualification.
About NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Ventures
The NAOC JV includes the Nigerian Government, represented by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), with 60% interest. The other JV partners are NAOC (20%), and Oando (20%). NAOC is the operator of four onshore mining leases for the JV (OML 60, OML 61, OML 62, and OML 63), and two onshore exploratory leases (OPL 282 and OPL 135). In addition, NAOC holds a 5% participating interest in another JV, namely the Shell Production Development Company Joint Venture (SPDC JV). The other partners in this JV are Shell Petroleum Development Company (30%), NNPC (55%,) and Total E&P Nigeria (10%). SPDC is the operator of this JV.
The NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility invites suitably qualified applicants for its 2023 Tertiary Scholarship Scheme, effective June 09.
Brief Scholarship Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): NNPC/NAOC/OANDO
Academic Category: Undergraduates
Award Value: Annual Financial Funding
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 9 June 2023
Examination Date: The examination date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only. NAOC reserves the right to select and shortlist candidates.
The aptitude test will take place either online (remotely) or at designated centers to be communicated to shortlisted applicants. Applicants are to indicate at the point of application whether they wish to write the test online in their comfort or at designated test centers (cost of transportation to the centers to be borne by applicants).
Full Benefits of Scholarship
The NNPC/NAOC/OANDO scholarships award provides annual tuition, books, and living expenses for successful beneficiaries of the scholarship award.
Scholarship Award Categories
This scholarship is of two categories. And each category is for applicants of a particular region. Here are the categories:
- Host/Transit Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities
- National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host communities
Who Can Apply for the Host Communities Merit Award?
Only candidates from the below-listed states are eligible to apply for the Host Community Merit award:
Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo State.
Candidates from all other states aside from the aforementioned states are to register for the National Merit Award Category.
Below are the eligibility criteria for candidates to be considered for the NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Scholarship. Candidates must be:
- Registered Full-TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in the 2022/2023 academic session)
The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependants of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Note: Only students studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences, and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
Candidates must ensure they have the following documents scanned before they begin the scholarship application:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
- JAMB Result
Candidates from host communities studying any course in the university are eligible to apply Host Communities Merit Award. You mustn’t be from Engineering, or selected courses as stated for candidates of the National Merit Award Scheme.
How to Apply
Kindly follow the steps below to apply:
1. Click on the “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on the link provided to return to the Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, and other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in the application matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload an affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload a photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and an SMS that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.Scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile, and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with your Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the capture centers to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number.
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to the scholarship application portal and update the application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Obtaining NIN is not compulsory to complete your application
Scholarship Past Questions
MyscholarshipNG has created an official online store that contains a ton of Past questions to scholarship, internship & Job opportunities.
If you are looking at excelling in any aptitude test, then you might want to consider getting the past questions (it goes for 1K only)