Application is currently open for the Indigent Scholarship for Akwa Ibom Students. This is the Governor’s Scholarship for the students of Akwa Ibom State. Eligible candidates are to apply for the Akwa Ibom State Scholarship.
Below is a detailed instruction for the scholarship as released by Press.
Mr. Udom Emmanuel, the Education-friendly Governor of Akwa Ibom State, has approved the award of scholarships to 500 (Five Hundred) indigent (very poor) but intelligent Akwa Ibom State students studying in Federal or State Universities in Nigeria beginning with the 2021/2022 academic session, valued at N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) only for each student, per session.
The Scholarships shall be 70% (Seventy Percent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses.
Sponsor(s): Governor of Akwa Ibom State
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Award Value: 200,000 – 500,000 Naira
Eligible Countries: Nigerians
Application Deadline: Open
Eligibility Requirements of the Indigent Scholarship for Akwa Ibom Students
- All candidates must be indigenes of Akwa Ibom State
- All applicants (Physically Challenged inclusive) must be registered, full-time indigent (very poor) but intelligent students in Federal or State Universities
- Applicants must be at least in their 2nd year of study
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) on a 5.00 scale
- All applicants must produce testimonials from their institutions
- All applicants must present a certificate of origin from their respective Local Government Council in Akwa Ibom State
- All applicants must NOT be more than Twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application
- All applicants will be expected to state the financial status/occupation/means of livelihood of their Parents, after fulfilling the academic requirement
All beneficiaries will be expected to submit academic results at the end of every session to determine their continued eligibility for the scholarship based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarships Board
Note: Any beneficiary who falls below the required CGPA of 3.50 will be withdrawn from the Scholarships Scheme
Eligible Courses to Benefit From the Scholarship
- Science and Technology Related Fields:
Below are courses eligible for this scholarship:
- Aviation Studies
- Marine Studies
- Medicine and Surgery
- Engineering Studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
- Oil and Gas related courses
- Robotic Science, etc. (All Science related disciplines should apply)
- Other fields of study:
The following fields of studies are eligible to apply:
- Arts / Humanities / Management Sciences
- Education, etc.
Note: All Arts, Humanities, and Management Sciences related fields are eligible to apply.
Documents Requirement for Akwa Ibom State Scholarship
All shortlisted students will be required to come to the interview with the following documents:
- Admission Letter
- Testimonial from the applicant’s Head of Department
- Current Semester’s Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- A letter stating the financial status/occupation/means of livelihood of the Parents of the applicant
- Student’s Identity Card
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to access the application portal via the “Apply Button” below. Fill out the application form provided in the portal.