Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance Surprise Mentorship Round Program
Lagos SDGs Program: The Lagos State Government invites the general public to partake in the 2022 Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance Surprise Empowerment Program for Nigerians. The empowerment program is the Surprise Mentorship Round Program fully sponsored through the Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance by the Lagos State Government.
About the Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance Program
The Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance is a government-backed initiative that mobilizes the actionable force of over 5 million young people in Lagos state to accelerate progress toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
As part of its strategic efforts to make significant progress toward the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Lagos State Government, led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has made the SDGs a top priority, incorporating them into the state’s development agenda codenamed THEMES.
Brief Program Summary
Sponsor(s): Lagos State Government
Benefits: Training | Mentorship | Networking
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: Open
Lagos State SDGs Alliance Program Description
The SDGs are an ideology that the Lagos state government has adopted in order to ensure that every citizen lives a fulfilled and impactful life, and the T.H.E.M.E.S agenda is assisting in scaling these developmental efforts. The Lagos State Government Office of Sustainable Development Goals and Investment has established a participatory structure that encourages ideas, principles, policies, and efforts toward these goals.
The SDG Academy is a free, high-quality massive open online course (MOOC) platform that provides a deeper understanding of sustainable development. The SDG Academy brings together world-renowned experts in a variety of fields, including health, education, climate change, agriculture and food systems, sustainable investment, and others.
Who Can Apply
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Lagos SDGs Alliance Program.
- All Nigerians are eligible to apply.
- Youths, students, and undergraduate, and graduate levels can apply
- Candidates should be ready to undergo the Lagos SDGs Alliance training.
Guiding Principles for the SDGs
There are four guiding principles for the SDGs:
- Universality: the goals apply in every country, including Canada.
- Integration: achievement of any one goal is linked to the achievement of the others.
- Aspiration: there is a need to move past business as usual and seek transformational solutions.
- Leaving No One Behind: success depends on the inclusion of the poorest and most vulnerable.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent work and Economy Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Our House is on Fire
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institution
- Partnership for the Goals
How to Apply
To apply for the Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance Surprise Mentorship Round Program, kindly follow the steps below:
Step1: Click on the Apply Button below.
Step2: On the application page, scroll down
Step3: You will get to the application form, fill the form accurately
Visit the Lagos SDGs Alliance Official Website for More Information