2023 Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Awards for Nigerian Students
Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Awards: The Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary is kicking its 2023 with its scholarship award to all students with Ekiti origin at various tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Eligible and qualified Nigerian students are invited to apply for the 2023 Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Awards.
You are encouraged to read the full information provided here and apply via the Apply Button below this article.
Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Awards Overview
The government of Ekiti State implemented a scholarship program in 2008 with the aim of promoting academic excellence and reducing the financial burden on outstanding students from secondary school to tertiary institutions. This initiative was unprecedented in Ekiti State and the law creating the Ekiti State Scholarship Board was enacted on January 27th, 2008. The State Government’s policy is to enhance education by encouraging academic competition amongst brilliant students through scholarships.
Ekiti State is known as the “Land of Honour,” and the government believes that top-performing students at all levels of education should have access to education without financial obstacles. The scholarship program is available for Senior Secondary School students who perform well in the Ekiti State Scholarship Board/ Challengers Series Examination.
Additionally, eligible students who are already in their second year or above pursuing different courses in Colleges of Education, Universities, and Polytechnics (HND 1&2) in Nigeria can apply. Furthermore, scholarships are also available for exceptional students pursuing Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in Nigeria.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Ekiti State Scholarship board.
Type: Scholarship & Busary
Education Criteria: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Award Value: Ranges (10 to 750k).
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 15th of June 2023 (Bursary).
Join MyscholarshipNG WhatsApp Community Here for the Latest Opportunities
Requirements for the Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Awards
The Scholarship comes in tow categories:
- Scholarship AWard and
- Bursary Award
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED (60K):
- The applicant must be a legitimate student of a tertiary institution.
NCE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD (60K):
- This scholarship is intended for students in their 2nd year of the NCE/OND program, and candidates must have achieved a minimum CGPA score of 3.5 in their previous examinations.
HEALTH TECHNOLOGY AND SCHOOL OF NURSING (60K):
- CGPA scores for Health Technology and School of Nursing are not relevant for health and medical related courses.
HND SCHOLARSHIP AWARD (60K):
- All candidates must have a minimum CGPA score of 3.5 in their previous examinations.
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (60K):
- All applicants for Undergraduate Scholarships must be in their 2nd year or higher and must have achieved a minimum CGPA score of 4.0 in their previous examination.
POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (150K):
- All applicants for postgraduate scholarships should have at least a Second-Class Upper Division at the First-Degree level or an Upper Credit at the HND Level.
Ph.D. SCHOLARSHIP AWARD (750K):
- All applicants for the Ph.D. Scholarship Award must possess a First-Degree Certificate, not less than Second Class (Upper Division), and a grade of Distinction in their Master’s Degree.
LAW SCHOOL BURSARY AWARD (150K)
GENERAL TERTIARY BURSARY AWARD (10k):
- Bursary to students in Tertiary Institutions jointly awarded by the State and Local Governments on 50:50 ratio.
Eligibility for the Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Award
To qualify for the undergraduate scholarship awards, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be in their 2nd year or above in their course of study
- Possess WASSCE/NECO with a minimum of five credits, including Mathematics and English Language at a sitting
- Have a minimum CGPA of 4.0 for University or equivalent of a Second Class (Upper Division), 3.50 for Polytechnics and 3.50 for NCE in their current institutions of study.
For applicants for Master’s Degree and Ph.D Scholarship Award, the following criteria must be met:
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class (Upper Division) at the Undergraduate level
- A grade of distinction in Master’s Degree is an additional prerequisite for Ph.D Scholarship Award.
For Ph.D Scholarship Award, candidates must have:
- a first degree certificate of at least a second class (Upper Division) and a grade of distinction in their Master’s Degree.
- Additionally, a letter of recommendation from the university is required.
Physically challenged students in tertiary institutions, including NCE, ND, College of Health Tech, School of Nursing/Midwifery, HND, and Post Graduates are eligible for the Scholarship Award.
However, students on part-time and sandwich courses are not qualified for the Scholarship Awards.
Conditions For the Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Award
The following are the rules and conditions for the Ekiti State Government Scholarship:
- The Scholarship Award is valid for one academic year only, and it will expire if not utilized within the academic year of the award.
- Scholars are not permitted to receive any other Government or corporate organization scholarship concurrently with the Ekiti State Government Scholarship.
- The scholar must dedicate his/her time to the full-time course for which the scholarship was awarded.
- Scholars must maintain good conduct and represent Ekiti State positively as ambassadors.
- The scholarship may be revoked if the recipient fails to comply with any of the rules.
- In the case of any error or mistake made by the Board or discovered by the Board, particularly as a result of misinformation or misdirection, the discretion of the Board on such issues shall take precedence over the Scholar’s interest.
- The awardee cannot change his/her course of study, level, or institution.
- The duration of the award is one academic session.
All conditions specified in the letter of award shall be considered part of the rules contained in this document.
How to apply for the EKITI State Scholarship & Bursary
- The Ekiti State Scholarship Board has placed an advertisement for the scholarship scheme in both electronics and print media.
- Applicants are required to correctly fill out the application form online and obtain a printout that must be verified with the official stamp/seal of the institution clearly impressed on it.
- Any application form that is not downloaded from the official Scholarship website for the 2023/2024 Scholarship award is invalid.
- The completed application form must prominently display the applicant’s current CGPA and be authenticated by the Head of Department.
- The Registrar will verify whether the applicant is a full-time or part-time student.
- The application form for bursary must be stamped and endorsed by the Chairman of the applicant’s Local Government Area.
- The completed application form must be submitted within the stipulated period as contained in the advertisement.
- Applicants can download the application forms free of charge from the Scholarship Board website.
- The Board does not accept late submissions of forms.
DATE OF SU BMISSION: All prospective applicants are to submit their hard copy application form (5) on or before FRIDAY 15Th June 2023.]
Late Application Form(s) will not be accepted by the Board.
You can download the Scholarship/Bursary Form below:
- Physically Challenged Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Physically Challenged Postgraduate
- Bursary Awards
Screening Procedures for the Ekiti State Scholarship Board
In order to prevent fraud and/or impersonation, it is required that the applicant provide certified copies of the following documents along with the application form:
- Current school fees payment receipts.
- Institution’s identification cards.
- Letter of identification from the Head of Department.
- Certified transcript by the Registrar of the Institution.
- Certified copies of credentials.
- Certificate of Local Government origin.
- 3 Years Tax Payment Certificate and Development Levy receipts of the applicant’s parent.
Roles/Responsibilities of Stake Holders
- The high academic standard on which the Award is given must be maintained by Scholars.
- Scholars are not permitted to change their institution, course or level while benefiting from the award.
- Good conduct must be maintained by Scholars throughout the duration of the award.
- Parents of recipients are expected to provide proper guidance for their children at home and in school.
- They should ensure that their wards make wise use of the Scholarship Award.
- Parents should encourage their children to maintain high academic standards in their institutions.
- PRIVATE SECTOR:
- The private sector, philanthropists, organizations, corporate bodies and foreign partners should continue to complement Ekiti State Government’s efforts by providing scholarships to brilliant and/or indigent students of Ekiti State origin.
- Tertiary Institutions must ensure prompt processing of the forms sent to them.
- The Local Government should support its indigenes by collaborating with the State Government in providing Bursary Awards.
Scholarship Past Questions
MyscholarshipNG has created an official online store that contains a ton of Past questions to scholarship, internship & Job opportunities.
If you are looking at excelling in any aptitude test, then you might want to consider getting the past questions (it goes for 1K only)