Apply for the 2023 Halogen Group Cyber Competition for Nigerian Youth.
Hydrogen Group Cyber Competition: This is to inform all qualified youth in Nigeria, that the 2023 Halogen group cyber competition is now open. The competition is to promote cyber security, competencies, capabilities, and awareness among young Nigerian youths.
It has been designed to aid talented, result-oriented and capable youth grow, and max their skills to make an impact in the Nigerian’s Cyber security Space.
Halogen in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Education, and Sport development (with the necessary infrastructure in place) aspire to utilize the initiative to create an environment that facilitates young people develop skills capable of mitigating cyber-attacks in the technological space.
Key Topics applicants are to work on:
Applicants are advise to select on topic from the following listed below.
- Anti-Ransomware: build an anti-ransomware that can detect, decrypt, and restore affected files or documents.
- Fraud Detection: Develop a fraud detection software.
- Email Spam Detection: Develop an Email spam filter from scratch.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Develop an MFA software that addresses issues with features cratering to the unreliability or vulnerability of applications like Google Authenticator, or Authy.
Apply Now: Makinde Scholarship Bursary
About the Federal Ministry of Youth & Sports Development (FMYSD)
The FMYSD is a recognized government ministry in Nigeria founded in 2007 under the mandate INTER’LIAR to promote the social economics development of the Nigerian Youth through advancement of welfare and provision of opportunities for Self-Actualization.
To add, the Ministry is also the outcome of the merger of the defunct Federal Ministry of Youth Development (FMYD) and the National Sports Commission (NSC) by the proclamation of His Excellency, Mr. President on the restructuring of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of Government on 11th November, 2016.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Federal Ministry of Youth & Sports Development (FMYSD)
Category: Cyber Security
Award Value: 1 million Naira
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 12, December 2022.
Apply Now: Zenith Bank Startup Pitch Competition
Full Benefits of the 2023 Halogen Group Cyber Competition
- First Runner wins N1 Million.
- Second Runner wins N650k
- Third Runner wins 350k
Requirements for the 2023 Halogen Group Cyber Competition
- Only applications submitted by Nigerians are valid.
- Age limit ranges from 18 to 35 years.
- You can register as an individual or as a team
- Applicants are required to have a GitHub account for uploading projects, plus project links should be uploaded via the submission portal.
- You must turn in your presentation/solution on or before the deadline date (12th of December, 2022).
- Evaluation will take 2 to 3 weeks before shortlisting of finalist for live presentation begins.
Interview dates, Process and Venue for the 2023 Halogen Group Cyber Competition
- Please note that, all applicants are expected to turn in their presentation or solution on or before the deadline date stated at 12th of December, 2022.
- Evaluation of candidates commences after the deadline.
- Finalist will be invited for live presentations via calls or emails.
- A panel of judges with expertise in cyber security will review all submitted applications.
- Each finalist will present their solutions to the judges.
- The top 3 solutions recommended by the judges will be presented with the cash prizes stated above.
- Depending on opportunity available, selected submissions may be given an opportunity to push further on the proposed solutions with Halogen.
How to apply for the 2023 Halogen Group Cyber Competition
Step 1: Visit the FMYSD website.
Step 2: Hover over the website, and select categories displayed.
Step 3: Select the category that best fits your needs, Team, Individual.
Step 4: Fill Details to parameters present, don’t omit anything (avoid making errors).
Step 5: After filling details, Hit submit.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the apply button below to apply.