African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition for Entrepreneurs
AgriPitch Challenge: The application is open for the 2022 AgriPitch Challenge for Entrepreneurs by African Development Bank.
All entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply for the African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition for Entrepreneurs.
About the African Development Bank AgriPitch
The African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition was created to assist agripreneurs by focusing on improving their businesses’ bankability and ensuring that they are pitch ready for potential investors.
Entrepreneurs will be coached and mentored during a two-week interactive and tailored training to review, prepare, and present their businesses for investor capital. The successful agripreneurs who have been shortlisted will pitch to the judges and meet with investors in the AgriPitch deal room.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): African Development Bank
Qualification: Entrepreneurs/Agri Startups
Award Value: USD $140,000 | Monitorship
Eligible Countries: All countries
Application Deadline: 4 November 2022
Eligibility Requirements for Various Start-ups Categories
Early Start-ups (0-3 years)
- Individuals who are at the very early stage of developing ideas/concepts for agripreneurship or a newly established business.
- Must have a clearly defined prototype or proof of concept.
- May or may not have had any products introduced to the market.
- It may or may not have a registered corporate entity.
Mature Start-ups (above 3 years)
- Individuals and firms with existing market traction: technology, product, or service, already in the market.
- Must have a clear investment ask and growth plan/strategy.
- Must be a registered corporate entity.
Women-empowered Businesses (WEBs)
- Meet eligibility requirements for either Early Startups or Mature Startups.
- Firms that are 51% owned by women or founded by a woman.
Also Apply: United Nations FAO Internships For African Students 2022
Duration and Reward
Winning SMEs will access a total grant pool of USD $140,000.
The AgriPitch online programme includes a training session (Bootcamp) on strategic partnerships for equity in agriculture, nutrition, and financing the youth and women.
AgriPitch competitors can attend virtual sessions on product development, revenue channel identification, logistics, marketing, business management, investment readiness, financing, and other topics led by trainers and coaches during the two-week business development boot camp.
Following the training and Bootcamp, the participating agripreneurs will receive six months of virtual mentorship and coaching. Throughout the six-month period and beyond, the mentorship activity will connect AgriPitch participants to relevant resources.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- National ID card / passport
- Company registration document
- Company brochure
- Summary business plan
- Business licenses
- Company profile
- Financial statements
- Marketing materials
- Pitch deck
How to Apply
The application process is simple and less tedious, kindly download the guide here. Click the apply button below to begin your application.