Yet again is an exceptional opportunity for Nigerian students with a concentration on the Northern Students, Undergraduate, and HND students. This is the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation Scholarship For Northern Nigerians 2022/2023 application.
Applications are invited from suitable and eligible Northern State applicants who have been admitted to the 100 level (through JAMB), 200 level (by Direct Entry) for degree and HND programmes in the 2020/2021 academic session and have begun their studies.
NOTE: Every instruction here is published as released by the scholarship sponsors without compromise. Kindly pay attention to all information provided here.
Table of Contents
About Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation
About Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) was created in partnership with colleagues and family of Sir Ahmadu Bello, the late Premier of the defunct northern region, and Sardauna of Sokoto to promote Sir Ahmadu Bello’s exemplary values and good legacy.
Education, Leadership and Good Governance, Health, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship, Peace and Security are the key points of SABMF. It is worthwhile to reflect on some of the organization’s silent achievements since its inception in 2009.
As part of its commitment to the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) annually awards scholarships to 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma students of Northern Nigerian origin enrolled in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria.
Brief Scholarship Description
Academic Level: Undergraduate and HND
Number of Awards: 200
Award Value: Financial Grant
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Quickly Join MyscholarshipNG Official WhatsApp Group for Latest Scholarship Alerts Here
Below are the requirements to be considered eligible for this scholarship:
- Offer of admission into a full-time Degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full-time student
- Credit in 5 “O” level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must be an indigene of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
Note that meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee the award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and student ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
Also Apply: 2022 Etinosa Oghogho Foundation (EOF) Grand Scholarship Lunch
Only candidates who were admitted into science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following:
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Certificate
- JAMB examination result
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student Identification card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address).
Below are general instructions provided by sponsors:
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online. Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered
How to Apply
The application process is simple.
Qualified and Interested candidates should send all application documents and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure you send your Name, Name of Institution, Faculty, Department, State Of Origin, and Local Government.
Do well to also send your major documents including your admission letter, ID Cards, State of Origin Certificate, JAMB Results and Other Credentials.