Passionate individuals with zeal in leadership are hereby invited to enroll in the 2023 BMZ African German Leadership Academy for Young Professionals.
The BMZ African German Leadership Academy is a cutting-edge training and dialogue program that brings together early- to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African partner countries, which include Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia, and Togo.
In accordance with the objectives of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the program aims to develop leadership skills and enable joint knowledge creation and peer learning required for sustainable development.
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) organizes and hosts the program, which is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Type: Leadership Training
Academic Qualification: Graduates
Host Country: Germany
Eligible Countries: Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia, and Togo
Application Deadline: 24 October 2022
Objectives of the BMZ African German Leadership Training
The dialogue and training program includes 25 participants from government agencies, think tanks and research organizations, civil society, and the private sector. They all bring a wealth of experience and expertise in the field of sustainable development.
Participation in the program also provides opportunities for networking with German and European stakeholders from various sectors, as well as representatives from African institutions.
Benefits of BMZ Leadership Academy Training
- A high-quality digital programme, combining, academic insights and hands-on training, including insights in the practice of the German political, economic and social system
- Innovative training and exchanges on leadership skills crucial for sustainable development in different contexts
- Strengthening digital collaboration skills by working online in highly diverse teams
- Shaping a network of organizations and individuals dedicated to sustainable development from seven African countries and Germany
Requirements for BMZ Leadership Academy Training
Potential participants of the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy should:
- Be a national or permanent resident of one of the participating countries
- Be 25 – 40 years old*
- Work on issues relevant to sustainable development and governance
- Have at least three years’ work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognized)
- Have the support of their employer (written support required as part of the application)
- Have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR)
- Be respectful of other cultures
- Be open to teamwork, reflection, and a broad variety of working methods
Documents Required for Application
To apply to become a participant, you will need to submit the following documents in pdf format, via the application portal:
- Application Form Part I: Applicant’s statement – To be completed and signed by the applicant.
- Application Form Part II: Employer statement of support – To be completed, signed and stamped by the employer.
- Diplomas – Copy of diploma or certificate (in English, French or English translation) of the highest professional qualification and/or university degree
- Passport – Copy of the main pages of your passport
- Language Certificates – Proof of English language proficiency (if available)
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on the Apply Button below to visit the application page.
- Please make sure to read the Conditions for Participation before you apply. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Submit your application via the application portal Applications sent by email will not be considered.
For more inquiries, contact: [email protected]
Visit IDOS Official Website for More Information