Fully Funded MINDS Scholarship for African Students
MINDS Scholarship: The application is currently open for the 2023 MINDS Scholarship for African Students. This is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for exceptional African students.
You can apply for this opportunity via the Apply Button at the bottom of this content. Kindly read all information below.
MINDS Scholarship Overview
MINDS which stands for Mandela Institute for Development Studies is an initiative for the upliftment of Africans.
In 2017, we successfully launched the MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development in Africa, bringing to fruition our vision of developing young leaders with a continent-wide development mindset and leaders who can facilitate greater cooperation among African countries.
MINDS provides scholarships to Africans who want to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, rather than in their home countries. The MINDS Scholarship Programme aims to cultivate leaders with a continental development mindset, leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation among African countries, through tailored leadership development activities. MINDS Scholarships are available for full-time enrollment in a one- or two-year Honors or Master’s degree program at one of the MINDS preferred institutions (listed below). MINDS does not dictate the course of study.
Brief Scholarship Details
Academic Programme: Postgraduate
Countries of Study: Afghanistan, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda.
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: Open
List of Institutions for Study
African Leadership University
Al Akhawayn University
Carnegie Mellon University
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and technology
Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School)
Strathmore University, University of Cape Town
University of Development Studies
University of Mauritius
University of Witwatersrand (Wits)
Université Cadi Ayyad
Full Scholarship Benefits
The Scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend.
Eligibility Requirement for the MINDS Scholarship
To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
All interested candidates are advised to apply one of the listed universities outside their home country for admission. To be eligible to receive a MINDS Scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
Apply Also: President’s Scholarships for International Students at University of Winnipeg 2023
All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader, and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
How to Apply
NOTE: All candidates are to apply to at least one of the above-listed universities outside their home country. Kindly read through all instructions.
Click the Apply Button below to visit the scholarship application page. Or Click Here to apply.
Visit the MINDS Official Website for More Information