Carnegie Mellon University Africa Scholarship
Masters Scholarship: The Mastercard Foundation which is one of the biggest scholarship organizations brings yet again a Fully Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at CMU. The CMU in full stands for Carnegie Mellon University.
All eligible and qualified graduates are encouraged to apply for the Carnegie Mellon University Masters Scholarship Program.
This Scholarship doesn’t need IELTS/GRE/TOEFL, provided you submit your application on or before 15 December 2022.
Table of Content
About the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Carnegie Mellon University
CMU-Africa and the Mastercard Foundation have partnered to support students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources.
The graduate students complete their Master of Science degrees in Information Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Engineering Artificial Intelligence. Upon completion of the program, the Scholars go on to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent.
CMU-Africa is part of a global network of 33 Scholars Program partners, comprised of institutions committed to developing Africa’s young leaders.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Type: Masters Scholarship
Host University: Carnegie Mellon University Africa
Award Value: Fully Funded ( Tuition, Travel Allowance, and More)
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Early Application Deadline: 15 December 2022
Final Application Deadline: 15 January 2023
Who Can Apply?
Graduates with degrees in engineering or ICT-related field can apply. Final Year Students are also eligible to apply.
Full Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship covers application preparation support, orientation, tuition and fees, health insurance, travel and basic living expenses, project, and entrepreneurship support. Scholars also have access to a range of resources that support their well-being and academic success.
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at CMU.
- Eligible students must be a citizen of an African country
- Students must have an exceptional academic record
- Applicants must come from a disadvantaged background
- All applicants must have demonstrated leadership potential, have demonstrated commitment to giving back to their community, and have demonstrated commitment to transforming Africa.
1. Unofficial transcript: You do not need a notarized official transcript from your university to apply. If you are in your final year of study toward a bachelor’s degree, please upload your unofficial transcripts up until the most recent semester.
2. Statement of purpose: This is an opportunity for you to tell the admissions team about yourself, and explain why you want to join the Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Master of Science in Information Technology, or the Master of Science in Engineering Artificial Intelligence program and talk about your career goals. There is no word limit, but you should be clear and concise. Please note that applicants who plagiarize will be blacklisted and cannot apply to CMU-Africa again in the future.
3. An up-to-date CV: Upload a concise document showing your professional and academic experiences to date.
4. Recommendations: Upload the contact information of three individuals who can provide the application team with a recommendation for you. Select people who know you well, for example, a current/former professor, a supervisor at work, a community leader, etc. You will not need letters of recommendation while applying—the application team will contact your references.
5. Upload a valid ID or passport: National ID and passport are the accepted forms of ID for your application.
How to Apply
Kindly click on the Apply Button at the bottom of this page OR Visit Here to apply now. Follow the step-by-step procedure listed below.
Step1: Click the Apply Button below OR Click Here.
Step2: On the Application management page, click on Create an Account under First-time users.
Step3: Fill in the registration form
Step4: Login to begin your application
Step5: Ensure you provide all the required documents.
Step6: Fill in all required information accurately
Visit the CMU Official Website for More Information