2023 Fully Funded USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for Africans
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship: The application is open for 2023 Fully Funded USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for Africans. All eligible students are invited to submit their applications before the deadline.
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
Brief Scholarship Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard
Host Institutions: USIU-Africa
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Country: All Countries
Application Deadline: 20 February 2023
Quickly Join MyscholarshipNG Official WhatsApp Group Here
Full Benefits and Reward for the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptop and library books
- Reasonable accommodation and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home once a year
- Access to leadership training
- Access to entrepreneurial training
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
Eligibility Requirements for the USIU-Africa Scholarship Application
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must;
- Candidates must not be more than 29years old
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
3. Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST)– Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)– Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA)– Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB)– Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- Have a proven record of leadership involvement and community give-back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
Apply for the USIU-Africa Scholarship via the apply button below.
NOTE: If you do not hear from USIU-Africa by this date; Sunday, April 30, 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to give personalized feedback to all the applicants.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can download the application from the USIU-Africa website; Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
3. Submit the complete application and other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the necessary documents are checked in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: [email protected] or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIU-Africa
Download the Guidelines for a recommendation letter here.
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SEND ONLY ONE COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE AND INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.