Application for the 2022 Bridge Scholarships to study in Germany is currently open. This is a scholarship for exceptional Afghanistan students to study in Germany. Suitably and qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply for the ongoing Bridge Scholarships for Afghanistan students to study in Germany.
This is a Germany Scholarship sponsored by the renowned German Academic Exchange Service – DAAD with intention of promoting academic excellence and quality education among well-deserved students of Afghanistan who wish and have the interest to study abroad.
About The Bridge Scholarships
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is expanding its support for Afghanistan students and researchers with funding from the Federal Foreign Office. The DAAD is committed to providing financial support to well-deserved students.
According to the CEO of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH) in 2021, he said, “Germany is committed to academic freedom worldwide and provides a haven for researchers under threat. In Afghanistan, this threat is particularly great. In our division of labor with the DAAD, we are happy to be able to make a specific offer of support to Afghan researchers with funding from the Federal Foreign Office,”.
Indeed Germany has contributed to Academic excellence across the African region.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): German Academic Exchange Service – DAAD
Academic Level: Bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, postdoctoral
Award Value: 861 euros or 1,200 euros
Eligible Nationality: Afghanistan
Application Currently Open
The university will provide all the following benefits:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of
- 861 euros for undergraduates (preparatory college and bachelor) and graduates (master),
- 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers
- payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for family members
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Bridge Scholarships to study in Germany:
- Applicants must be Afghan
- Interested Undergraduates, Graduates, doctoral candidates, and postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Interested candidates must attest to the fact that they are in Afghanistan with proof of Afghan citizenship.
- Candidates who are already enrolled as bachelor’s or master’s students resp. who submit an admission letter until the application deadline or have been accepted as doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers at an institution resp. who submit confirmation of supervision or an invitation letter until the application deadline?
- Interested persons who as a rule, are already in Germany with a valid residence permit at the time of the application deadline.
- Candidates who as a rule, have not been staying in Germany for longer than 15 months at the time of the application deadline.
- Interested applicants must have proficiency in English Language certificate.
The following documents are to be submitted by candidates via the DAAD application portal:
- online application form
- Afghan identification document along with a valid residence permit for Germany
- confirmation that no dual citizenship exists
- full curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages long)
- letter of motivation (1 to 3 pages long) describing the current personal risk situation as well as outlining the prospects in Germany made possible by a scholarship
- Proof of documentation affirming the current study resp. degree status (see Call for Scholarships Applications in the scholarship database)
- bachelor and master: enrolment certificate for a study degree programme at a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany or proof of admission until the application deadline
- Doctorate and postdoctoral phase: acceptance as a (post)doctoral student at a state or state-recognized higher education institution or non-university research institute in Germany or a confirmation of supervision resp. invitation letter and other documents, as indicated in the scholarship
How to Apply
The applicants must first submit their admission applications via the My DAAD register or application form. Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format.