Google $3 Million Female Grants for African
Africa Cloud Credits Program: Google for Entrepreneurs and the UK-Nigeria Tech Hub Africa has joined forces to provide up to $3 million in Google Cloud Credits to female technology startups. The UK-Nigeria Tech Hub is a UK government effort led by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sports (DCMS) to encourage the expansion of Nigeria’s technology ecosystem. The UK-Nigeria Tech Hub is a component of the larger Digital Access Programme, which aims to accelerate digital inclusion across Africa.
Program Type: Grant
Grant Value: Up to $3 Million
Eligible Candidates: Female Founders
Application Deadline: Open
Benefits of the Google Startups Africa Cloud Credits Program
All applicants will become members of the UK-Nigeria Tech Hub Female Founders Community
Google Cloud and Firebase usage by the beneficiary, will receive:
- Up to $2,000 USD in Google Cloud credits, valid for two years
Google Cloud and Firebase usage by the beneficiary to cover:
- Year 1: 100% up to $100,000 USD in Google Cloud credits in year 1.
- Year 2: 20% up to an additional $100,000 USD in Google Cloud credits in year 2.
Eligibility Requirement of the Google Startups Program
There are two tiers under the Google Cloud Credit Programme; The Start Tier and Scale Tier.
You are encouraged to apply even if you do not fall under any of the tiers.
START TIER: Ideal for beginner enterprises.
To qualify for the Start Tier, the female-founded enterprise must be:
- Founded within the last 5 years
- A technology Startup that is not yet funded by an institutional investor
- Not yet received Google cloud credits (beyond the free trial)
- *Bonus: Beneficiaries under the Start Tier will be eligible to apply for $100,000 USD credits once $2,000 USD is exhausted.
SCALE TIER: Ideal for established enterprises.
To qualify for the Scale Tier, the female founded Startup must have:
- Founded their company within the last 10 years
- Received startup equity funding* from pre-seed to Series A
(if Series A, raised within the last 12 months) or common Web3 funding sources
- Not yet received more than $4,000 in Google Cloud credits.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified female founders should click the Apply Button below to apply.
Visit The UK-Nigeria Tech Hub Official Website For More Information