Huawei Challenge: Here is an opportunity for developers to showcase their tech skills at the 2022 Huawei Contest. Application is open for the Huawei Apps 2022 Up Global App Innovation Contest for Developers.
The Apps Up Innovation Contest is designed to encourage global developers to use HMS Core to create innovative apps that bring smart life services to Huawei device users in 170+ countries and regions. The competition will be held in Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and China, in that order.
HUAWEI Developer is a platform ecosystem that combines various services and resources to help developers create and market their apps. Developers can access comprehensive services ranging from development and testing to promotion and monetization after registering and being verified as a HUAWEI Developer member. HUAWEI Developer hopes to achieve a win-win situation with all developers in order to provide quality experiences for end users.
About Huawei Technologies
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is a Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services firm based in Shenzhen, Guangdong. It surpassed Ericsson to become the world’s largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in 2012. Ren Zhengfei, a former engineer in the People’s Liberation Army, founded Huawei in 1987.
Huawei began by manufacturing phone switches but has since expanded its business to include building telecommunications networks, providing operational and consulting services, and providing equipment to entrepreneurs.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
Program Type: Tech Contest
Application Deadline: 9 October 2022
Full Award Value of Huawei Contest
Up to US$100,000 will be allocated for the following award winners in each participating region:
- US$15,000 each for 3 Best HMS Innovation Award
- US$15,000 each for 3 Best App
- US$15,000 each for 3 Best Game
- US$10,000 each for 3 Best Social Impact App
- US$10,000 each for 1 All Scenario Coverage Award
- US$10,000 each for the 3 Best Arabic App
- US$10,000 each for 1 Tech Women’s Award
- US$5,000 each for 3 Student Innovation Award
Eligibility Requirements for Huawei Contest
Open to global developers. You only need to register a HUAWEI ID and complete identity verification.
- You may not participate in the contest if you are under the age of 18.
- Employees of Huawei and its affiliates and their immediate relatives should not sign up for the contest.
- You can participate in the contest on your own, or as part of a team. For a team, all members must belong to the same competition region before participating in the contest in this region.
Selection Modality and Criteria
Judges will review works on the basis of the following framework:
- Business value: Has substantial commercial potential, with sustainable business models that indicate clear market positioning and a target user base.
- Design, technology, and user experience: Features a distinctive visual design that incorporates user-friendly characteristics, and meets universal user requirements for a stable, responsive, broadly compatible, and privacy-conducive app.
- Innovativeness: Comes endowed with innovative design and/or technological attributes, which represent a clear improvement over those in existing apps.
- Social value: Benefits society at large, by improving the allocation of public services, or addressing social problems. This can involve enriching the lives of individual users or facilitating industry-wide development, and span a wide range of fields, such as health care, education, transportation, the economy, and the environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the Huawei Developers Page Here to apply.
Visit the Huawei Developer’s Official Website for More Information