IMF Fellowship Program
IMF Fellowship: The IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) gives young leaders between the ages of 20 and 35 from around the world the opportunity to join our worldwide endeavor to create better and join the IMF at the forefront of the solution to global economic challenges.
Since its inception in August 2020, the IMF Young Professionals Program (YFP) has received over 9,000 candidates. The IMF is funding chosen individuals to attend the World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings in Marrakech, Morocco, this year.
Sponsor(s): International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Program Type: Fellowship
Eligible Candidates: Students and Graduates
Travel Country: Morocco
Eligible Countries: International
Application Deadline: 30 June 2023
Join MyscholarshipNG WhatsApp Group Here for Daily Updates
Aim and Benefits of the IMF Fellowship Program
- IMF YFP is looking for youth fellows who want to contribute to the IMF’s efforts to build more resilient and inclusive growth for all, particularly for young people. As part of the program, the selected youth fellows will attend in-person workshops led by IMF management, senior IMF staff, and external experts. They will also have access to Annual Meetings seminars and events in Marrakech. The IMF will cover travel and related expenses.
- Selected candidates will have opportunities to meet scholars, activists, leaders, and experts while creating lasting connections with other youth fellows from around the world.
- Selected candidates will become part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events, and publications.
Requirements for IMF Fellowship Program Qualification
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 years as of October 15, 2023
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
- Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
- Content creation/influencer and/or contributing to independent platforms
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics, and development issues, particularly on inclusive economic growth, the digital economy, or climate change
- Have graduated from or currently be a student in the field of international relations and development, communications, economics, or related fields
- Demonstrate good public speaking and presentation skills
- Be a citizen of an IMF member country
- Have no current affiliation with government institutions
- Not have previously been a fellow of the YFP.
- May: IMF YFP application period opens
- June 30: IMF YFP application period closes
- July: Selected participants informed.
- Week of October 9: Selected participants attend the IMF YFP and IMF Annual Meetings in Marrakech, Morocco.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit the International Monetary Fund application portal via the Apply Button below. Goodluck!!!
Visit the IMF Official Website for More Information