Immigration Recruitment: 2022/2023 Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment Registration Portal is currently open. Interested and eligible Nigerians are hereby invited for the 2022 Nigeria Immigration application for enlistment into the force.
About Nigeria Immigration Service
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) is the federal agency in charge of border security and migration management in Nigeria. It was founded by a Parliamentary Act in 1963. In 2015, the 1963 Act was repealed and replaced by the Immigration Act 2015, which provides the service with a legal tool to combat migrant smuggling (SOM) in Nigeria.
On August 1, 1963, when Alhaji Shehu Shagari was Minister of Internal Affairs, an Act of Parliament (Cap 171, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria) established the Immigration Department (a position now referred to as Minister of Interior).
Quickly Join Myscholarship Official WhatsApp group Here For Up-to-date Opportunities Alert
Responsibilities of the Nigeria Immigration Service
As empowered by Section 2 of the Immigration Act, 2015, the Service is responsible for:
- The control of persons entering or leaving Nigeria
- The issuance of travel documents, including Nigerian passports, to bonafide Nigerians within and outside Nigeria
- The issuance of residence permits to foreigners in Nigeria
- Border surveillance and patrol
- Enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged; and
- The performance of such para-military duties within or outside Nigeria as may be required of them under the authority of this Act or any other enactment.
Read Also: How to Join the Military of the United States of America (USA)
Basic Requirements of the Nigeria Immigration Service
1). Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth
2). Candidate must possess a minimum of 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings in either WASSCE/GCE/NECO or NABTEB. Hence, one of the credits must be the English Language.
3). In addition to the qualifications above, those applying as tradesmen women must also possess OND/Trade Test/City and Guild Certificate. Details are available on www.immigrationrecruitment.org.
4). Candidate must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years for non-tradesmen women while tradesmen women must be between the ages of 18 – 26years by 1st June 2022.
5). Candidate must be free of any criminal conviction.
6). You must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit
7). Not be less than 1.65 meters and 1.56 meters tall for male and female applicants respectively.
8). You are to print out a slip tagged: Photocard which should be presented at the screening center.
Document Requirements of the 2022 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
Below are the required documents for the 2022 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment:
1). Passport size photograph
2). First School Leaving Certificate
3). WAEC/Nabteb/NECO/GCE Results
4). Optional – NCE/ND/Trade Test/ RN
5). Birth Certificate / Declaration of age.
Selection Process and Instructions
1. There will be no Pre-Selection Computer Based Test to be conducted on candidates
2. No special center for recruitment
3. There will be no CBAT Exercise
4. All screening of potential recruits will be done at the candidates’ respective state of origin
5. Any candidate who failed or forged his or her results and discovered even during training at the Nigeria Immigration Service training camp would be withdrawn & hand over to the Nigerian police for prosecution.
6. Candidates are advised in their interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them in the recruitment exercise
7. Shortlisted candidates will be published on this portal & be scheduled for screening
8. Shortlisted candidates are to report to their respective states of origin for the screening exercise on Sat, 02/07/22
9. Successful candidates would be transported (FG’s provision sorted by state) to the Nigeria Immigration Service training school for documentation and to commence training activities for a six-month (6) camp-life(See your mailbox for details).
10. On completion of training, all successful recruits to be commissioned into the service & get prepared for induction into the North East Theatre of operations (12 Weeks of intensive training on freight Management & Human Trafficking included).
How to Apply
- Click the “Apply Button” below to visit the Nigeria Immigration Service application portal.
- Locate the Application Start Menu
- Enter Your Name in the App ID
- Enter your phone number
- Enter your Email address
- Click on proceed
- Enter the verification code sent to your email
- Continue with your application