Jack Ma’s Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH) Competition for African Entrepreneurs 2023
ABH Competition: African entrepreneurs and business owners are invited to apply for the 2023 Jack Ma’s Africa Business Heroes Competition for African Entrepreneurs that comes with a huge award value for the winners. This is the Jack Ma’s business competition.
Kindly read the information provided and apply via the Apply Button below this post.
About the Africa’s Business Heroes
ABH seeks to identify, support, and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their communities, tackling the most pressing issues, and creating a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
Over a ten-year period, the program will recognize 100 African entrepreneurs while also providing grant funding, training programs, and broader support to the African entrepreneurial ecosystem as a whole.
The initiative strives to be as diverse as possible. Entrepreneurs from all African countries, sectors, and ages are encouraged to apply in English and French if their businesses are formally registered and headquartered in an African country and have a three-year track record.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Jack Ma
Award: Up to $300,000
Number of Awards: 10
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Application Deadline: 12 May 2023
Below are requirements for the Jack Ma’s ABH competition:
- Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicant has traceable/provable African nationality. In other words, you have/had African citizenship and/or a Parent or Grandparent has African citizenship.
- Company is Africa-Based. The business is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history
Also Apply: ARIPO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) For Young Africans 2023
Award Value of the Africa’s Business Heroes Competition
First Prize: $300,000
Second Prize: $250,000
Third Prize: $150,000
Other to ten finalists (7): $100,000
Global Immersion Program (Hangzhou, San Francisco, South East Asia): $100,000
ABH will also cover all costs related to the Semi-Final.
- Training: we offer our Heroes training at Alibaba’s headquarters via
- Networking opportunities: ABH attracts inspiring entrepreneurs from across all 54 African countries. Our finalists have the opportunity to connect with, learn and partner with other like-minded entrepreneurs and our community of judges.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application page via the apply Button below to apply. Visit the Application Portal Here. Register an account and login to begin.
- Vision, Mission & Values
- The importance/magnitude of the problem/need you’re addressing
- The feasibility and value-add of your solution
- Market traction of your solution
- Competitiveness of your product/solution
- The feasibility of your revenue model and financial projections
- Leadership & Team Potential
- Social Impact – the tangibility and sustainability of the impact you’re creating