Mastercard Foundation Fund for African Business
Mastercard Foundation Fund: The application is open for the 2023 Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund for African Business. All African business owners are encouraged to apply.
Apply and be among the 30 Million Africans that will benefit from the Growth Fund for Africa Business.
About the Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund
The Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund is an initiative of a USD$200 valued fund that works through African investment funds to support early-stage, growth-oriented small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) on the continent.
The Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund’s goal is to provide dignified and fulfilling work for young people, particularly young women.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Category: Contest | Training
Benefit: USD$200 Million Fund
Eligible Country: African Countries
Application Deadline: Open
Full Program Benefit
- The Fund-of-Funds initiative will help advance the Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy, which aims to enable 30 million young people in Africa, particularly young women, to access dignified and fulfilling work by 2030.
- The Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund is a bold initiative—a USD$200 million Fund of Funds—that works through African investment funds to support early-stage, growth-oriented small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) on the continent.
- The Fund-of-Funds invests in African investment vehicles targeting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and applies Gender Lens Investing (GLI) principles.
- It provides Business Development Services (BDS) support to investment funds and portfolio SMEs.
- It targets a major boost in decent jobs for women and youth.
Is the Growth Fund for African Business Real?
Yeah, you are having some doubts, right? The benefit is way too big, right? The Mastercard Foundation Growth Fund program is 100% real. All business owners are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the fund, you must:
Funds that are owned and led by African entrepreneurs and located on the African continent are often considered high-risk. At the same time, African SMEs struggle to access the financing they need to scale, inhibiting their potential to drive economic growth and employment on the continent.
The Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund tackles both challenges by investing in and strengthening African investment funds. This approach, in turn, supports African SMEs.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to click the Apply Button below to visit the application page. Kindly read the full instructions provided on the application page.