Microsoft Job: Here is a job opportunity for the role of Account Manager at Microsoft Nigeria.
Microsoft Corporation is a multinational technology company based in Redmond, Washington. It creates, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, PCs, and related services. The Microsoft Windows operating system, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers are among its most well-known software products.
Brief Job Details
Company: Microsoft Nigeria
Job Title: Account Manager
Job ID: 1376428
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Site: Up to 50% work from home
Job Description of the Microsoft Job
- The mission of the New EC Hi-Tech and ISVs organization is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth through its extensive and vibrant ecosystem of Hitech / ISVs / Startups managed partners/customers, while also guiding the definition of and establishing excellence in execution across the global teams. To do this, EC Hitech focuses its efforts around five core motions: Commercial Framework and Partnership value proposition areas, Build-with, Technical, Go-To-Market (GTM), and Partner Co-sell.
- The Hitech Account Executive is responsible for the 360-degree business relationship with Microsoft’s key strategic partners.
- The AE is responsible for engaging with the very highest-level ranking executives between the ISV partner and Microsoft, building trust by sharing insights about how to capitalize on market opportunities by partnering with Microsoft.
- The AE leads the building of the joint business plan with the partner to define their solutions portfolio, Go-To-Market, sales, and marketing strategies and drive the implementation of all aspects of the strategy by orchestrating relationships between the partner’s technical, sales and marketing teams and Microsoft’s to ensure excellence in execution of the strategy and achieving partnership growth goals and sales targets.
- The AE is also responsible for the commercial framework and all commercial and Business aspects in the relationship.
Responsibilities of the Microsoft Job
- Help partners transform and grow their business in the cloud by developing comprehensive Partner Business Plans for a portfolio of partners to identify short and long-term strategic goals and tactical execution.
- Build strong relationships with Microsoft and partner key stakeholders to design a portfolio of differentiated Cloud solutions/ applications that leverages the Microsoft cloud.
- Guides partners to build a solutions portfolio aligned with market opportunities.
- Identify an effective path to market with solutions and Go-To-Market (GTM) activities.
- Track pipeline health on key deals to accelerate sales momentum and cloud consumption; manages and maintain a global community of Microsoft field PDMs that have been assigned to drive co-selling with the partner in their geography.
- Ensure hand-offs to and engagements with the appropriate resources at the appropriate sales phase, to maximize win probability and minimize time to close, make proper decisions resolve issues with local leadership, and escalate as required.
- Drive performance management through monthly/quarterly reviews to review overall business performance across the organization and to measure progress against the goals/KPIs in the Partner Business Plan.
- Drive continuous optimization of partner’s performance as measured by revenue, pipeline, consumption, usage, and partner impact.
- Develop strategic content that will allow better positioning of our partnership internally and externally.
- Recruits new partners and leverages current partners to grow business. Interacts with partners and key decision makers to identify new opportunities to sell Microsoft products and services.
- Uses a variety of strategies to convey the value of partnering with Microsoft over competitors based on partner business. Combats competition throughout the selling and account management lifecycle.
- Sells account vision to decision makers and complex partners by aligning overall Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions to the partner’s business goals.
- Develops and executes strategic partner business plans for all managed partners that grow partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation.
- Develops plans that fully consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with partner’s needs and capabilities.
- Participates in internal and external events as a Microsoft representative to learn about partner business, build a strong professional network, and maintain up-to-date awareness of industry and competitors.
Solution and Services:
- Assembles and leads cross-functional virtual internal teams (e.g., category, surface, specialist sales, marketing) to guide partners and develop comprehensive business plans based on partner needs and Microsoft sales goals.
- Leverages internal resources to develop go-to-market and co-selling strategies that define activities and expectations to meet Microsoft and partner sales goals. Prioritizes accounts for developing go-to-market strategies.
- Evaluates managed partner portfolio to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps in partner accounts.
- Proposes existing products and solutions or recommends new solutions in which partners can jointly invest to fill gaps. Aligns partner needs and interests with market opportunities.
Apply Also: Technology Specialist – Modern Work Teams at Microsoft Nigeria
- 5+ years ISVs/ Hitech partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, capabilities, and solutions that generate partner growth and innovation.
- 5-10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, sales, business development, and alliance management in the technology industry.
- Deep strategic advisor and executive relationship management experience driving sales with partners in commercial businesses.
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Strong influence and orchestrator skills helping align Microsoft and partner resources to drive solutions that support customer needs.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort.
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through.
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency.
- Cloud technology background or education/ certifications will be a big advantage.
How to Apply for the Microsoft Job
Eligible and interested candidates should click on the apply button below to apply.