Scholarship for Nigerians: Here is an exceptional opportunity for Nigerians to study in the UK. The 2023 Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship at the University of Oxford currently ongoing is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for Nigerians to pursue their master’s degree at Oxford University.
About the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship
The AIG Scholarships were established in 2017 to provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government. Since 2017, twenty-seven (27) scholarships totaling more than £50,000 have been awarded to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to the sector.
AIG Scholars spend a year at one of the world’s top universities, learning from outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners while interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world. Scholars return to their home countries after finishing their degrees to use their knowledge to improve policymaking, support reforms, and contribute to their country’s development.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)
Institution of Study: Oxford University
Academic Level: Masters and Postgraduates
Award Value: Fully Funded
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 9 September 2022
Award Benefits and Duration
- Funding will be provided for Tuition, stipend, and living expenses
- Scholars of AIG will have access to opportunities that can help their career development
- Coaching and mentoring
Eligibility Requirements for the AIG Scholarship
Below are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship:
- Have a strong intellectual capacity, demonstrable leadership qualities, and a passion to contribute to the development of Nigeria’s civil service
- Be willing to go to the UK for the Education
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Application Form (to be filled online)
- Due to the large number of applications received, only those selected for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted, and inquiries about individual application status will not be responded to.
- Only applications submitted through the online application portal will be taken into account.
- Candidates who are chosen as finalists in the selection process must apply for admission directly to the Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford. Throughout the application process, you will receive complete support. Finalists accepted to the Master of Public Policy program will be considered for the AIG Scholarship.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates are to click the “Apply Button” below to begin their application.
Visit the AIG Scholarship Webpage for more details and a guide.