Scholarships for Nigerian Muslim Students 2023
Muslim Scholarship: The application is open for Muslim Scholarship Fund for Nigerian Students. Interested and qualified students are invited to apply for the 2023 scholarship for Nigerian Muslim students.
The Muslim Scholarship Fund in Nigeria (MSFN) was founded in 1999 (as the Muslim Education Trust Fund) in response to Nigeria’s severe economic hardship, which was having a negative impact on the educational and moral standards of Nigerian Muslim youths.
It is no secret that the majority of Nigerians cannot afford a good education due to the country’s economic situation. As a result of the difficult economic situation, some Muslims are being drawn into other faiths as a means of obtaining education, employment, and general advancement in life.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Muslim Scholarship Fund
Type: Financial Aid Scholarship
Academic Level: Secondary Schools | Undergraduate
Award Value: 40,000 Naiara – 120,000 Naira
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 17 January 2023
Full Benefits of Scholarship
- N120,000 per year for undergraduates in tertiary institutions
- N40,000 per year for senior secondary school students
The above amounts may be reviewed annually, depending on the economic situation in Nigeria
Requirements for the Muslim Scholarship Application
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Must be a Nigerian Muslim
- Must be registered in (or have received admission to) a tertiary institution or senior secondary school for which he/she is seeking an MSFN scholarship
- Must be ready to participate actively in volunteer efforts beneficial to the Muslim community, such as teaching young people in coaching classes, helping the elderly, active participation in MSS activities etc. A Muslim leader in the community or school shall attest to these volunteer activities
- Undergraduate – Min. CGPA = 3.5/5.0; & Secondary School – Credit Pass in both English and Mathematics
Documents Required for The Scholarship Application
Scholarships Applicable to Undergraduate & Secondary School Students in Southwestern States, Edo, Kwara, and Kogi States, as follows:
- Lagos/Ogun Zone: 1 Undergraduate Slot for Ogun State Only and 3 Senior Secondary School Slots for the Zone.
- Oyo/Osun Zone: 5 Senior Secondary School Slots for the Zone.
- Kwara/Kogi Zone: 3 Undergraduate Slots for the Zone; 6 Senior Secondary School Slots for Kogi State and 2 Senior Secondary School Slots for Kwara State.
- Ondo/Ekiti/Edo Zone: 6 Undergraduate and 4 Senior Secondary School Slots for the Zone
- Endowment: 2 undergraduate applicants.
Priority will be given to female applicants and/or applicants with a disability. The above zones are based on the states of origin of the applicants and NOT the states where the institutions/schools are located.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the Apply Button below to apply.
Scholarship Past Questions
MyscholarshipNG has created an official online store that contains a ton of Past questions to scholarship, internship & Job opportunities.
If you are looking at excelling in any aptitude test, then you might want to consider getting the past questions (it goes for $2 only)