LiveWire Nigeria: The 2022 Shell LiveWire program is now open for applications, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
In time past, LiveWIRE Nigeria beneficiaries have gone on to further excel. Two won the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Entrepreneurship Award. Another two beneficiaries won the LiveWIRE International “Go and Trade Enterprise Linkage Award” (2010) which enabled them make international trade visits to London, the UK, and Dubai, UAE.
As a young and innovative entrepreneur, you have the opportunity to get funding for your dream project and improve your life. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), the operator of the NNPC / Shell / Total / Agip Joint Venture, has announced the start of the SPDC JV Regional LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme for 2022.
About the Shell LiveWire Program
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited supports the LiveWIRE Nigeria youth enterprise development program (SPDC). The program operates in the Niger Delta region and aims to inspire, encourage, and support young people aged 18-30 in the Nigerian states of Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Imo, and Akwa-Ibom to start their own businesses.
Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria provides training and funding to young entrepreneurs in the Niger Delta each year to help them start and grow their businesses. Shell LiveWIRE is a social investment program that aims to help young Nigerians aged 18 to 35 consider starting their own business as a viable career option and thus create jobs.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Shell Nigeria
Academic Level: Graduates (Degree and HND)
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 7 August 2022
Full Program Benefits
The objectives for the LiveWIRE Programme in Nigeria are to;
- Provide intensive entrepreneurship training
- Link successful candidates to third parties like financial Institutions and NGOs.
- Raise business awareness amongst final-year university students to encourage them to see starting a business as a valid career option.
- Support youths to discover and develop business ‘ideas’ through Bright Ideas workshops.
- Make available to youths, business planning, and management guidelines and skills through the ‘Become A Successful Owner Manager Course’ (BSOM).
- Provide business start-up grant for candidates with the best business plan
- Run awards for best business plans, of which the prize gives access to micro-credit facilities, through third parties like banks, NGOs, and allied financial institutions.
- Support young entrepreneurs to formalize their businesses
- Run an award for young people who have sustained a business for 1 to 3 years and continue the award on an annual basis.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring program for those who have completed the training course and decide to pursue starting their own business. Mentors can be drawn from oil and gas, banking, social voluntary sectors, etc.
- Provide an opportunity for young people to participate in global award programs
- Provides automatic membership of LiveWIRE alumni
Eligibility Requirement for the 2022 Shell Nigeria LiveWire Program
- Be aged 18-35 and ready to start their own businesses
- Male and female applicants from Rivers, Bayelsa, Imo, Abia, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, and Edo States
- Must possess a university degree or HND in any discipline
- Must be resident in their State of Origin;
- Must not be in paid employment
- Must have an innovative business idea.
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the apply button below to begin the application.
Click on Login/Signup on the Shell LiveWire Page
If you are a new user, click on do not have an account yet.
Create an account
Log in to begin the application
Visit the Shell LiveWire Webpage for More Information