Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship for Nigerian University Students
Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship: The application is open for the Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship for Nigerian undergraduate students. All suitable qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Final-year undergraduate students enrolled in Nigerian federal government universities are eligible for the Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship. This scholarship is specifically designed for students who want to pursue long-term careers in biological sciences and engineering. Students must demonstrate a strong interest in the use of biotechnology for the long-term growth and development of the African continent.
Aim of Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship
The Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship aims to motivate a new generation of African biotech engineers and scientists to acquire relevant knowledge that will find application in the sustainable growth and development of the African continent.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Steve Eshiemogie
Academic Level: Undergraduate (Final Year)
Award Value: Tuition Fees
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Application Deadline: 9 February 2023.
Join MyscholarshipNG WhatsApp Group for Daily Opportunities Here
Full Scholarship Benefits
Below are the complete benefits of the Steve Eshiemogie scholarships:
- Full tuition coverage.
- Professional career mentorship.
- Other benefits to be decided.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Below is a list of the eligibility requirement for the Steve’s Scholarship:
- Must be a Nigerian student studying in Nigeria.
- Must be enrolled in a federal government university.
- Must be studying any of the following courses: chemical engineering, biology, microbiology, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, plant biology, or related courses.
- Must be going to the final year of undergraduate study. That is, must have completed 300 Level if your course is a 4-year course, or must have completed 400 Level if your course is a 5-year course.
- Must have a last sessional CGPA of at least 4.3 on a 5.0 scale, or 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship.
This scholarship balances need and merit. The selection committee first looks out for students with outstanding performance, then from the pool, selects the students with the most need. You are strongly encouraged to apply if you meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
1. Write a well-detailed statement of purpose, detailing your motivation for studying your course and your plans. You should clearly explain why you decided to study your current course, the challenges you have encountered so far, your intended research for your undergraduate project, your plans after graduation, how you plan to make an impact in your country and Africa at large, and other details and achievements that you feel would strengthen your application.
Applicants should try as much to demonstrate why they need this scholarship. Your statement of purpose should not be longer than 2 pages and should be saved as a PDF document. NOTE: There is no required writing style for the statement of purpose. Write in your own words and in your style.
2. Draft a well-structured CV/Resume and save it in PDF format.
3. Obtain 2 letters of recommendation from lecturers (or professors) in your department. Scan these letters and save them in PDF format. You can scan these letters with your mobile phone.
4. Obtain a signed letter from your HOD or course advisor, confirming that you are not a beneficiary of any other scholarship (NOTE: You are not qualified for the Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship if you are a beneficiary of MTN Scholarship, Shell Scholarship, Seplat Scholarship, Agbami Scholarship, FSB Scholarship, or any other undergraduate scholarship). Download and use the draft attached HERE.
5. Obtain a copy of your undergraduate transcript showing your grades from 100 Level to your current level). Note: Self-reported transcripts are accepted. That is, if you cannot obtain official transcripts from your institution, you can draft your transcripts by yourself (no need for an official signature or stamp from your institution). Download and use the self-reported transcript template attached HERE.
6. Prepare a document that clearly states the full amount of your tuition (school fee), the start and end date of your final year of study, the official deadline for payment of your school fee, your undergraduate project topic (if you have one), and budget for your undergraduate project (if you have one).
7. Send all documents to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be STEVE ESHIEMOGIE SCHOLARSHIP 2022. NOTE: All documents should be saved in PDF format. Within 5 days of submission, you will receive a mail notifying you of receipt of your application materials. If you do not receive any mail, send complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Past Questions
MyscholarshipNG has created an official online store that contains a ton of Past questions to scholarship, internship & Job opportunities.
If you are looking at excelling in any aptitude test, then you might want to consider getting the past questions (it goes for $2 only)