Scholarship for International Students to Study in Germany
Germany Scholarship: The application is currently ongoing for the 2023 SBW Berlin Scholarship For International Students to Study in Germany.
Kindly read all instructions provided in this article and apply via the Apply Button at the bottom of this content.
SBW Berlin Scholarship Overview
Young committed international talents can now apply for SBW Berlin Scholarships to pursue a university degree or apprenticeship in Berlin.
SBW Berlin assists all scholarship recipients in achieving their professional objectives in their home countries. This is accomplished through networking with other organizations, as well as SBW Berlin’s assistance with targeted job searches in the scholarship recipients’ home countries and subsequent job material preparation.
Furthermore, all developed social non-profit projects must have strong ties to the scholarship recipients’ home countries.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): SBW Germany
Study Country: Germany
Academic Category: Undergraduate | Masters | Postgraduate
Benefits: Fully Funded Scholarship
Application Deadline: 31 December 2022
Full Scholarship Benefits
The assistance will be provided for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 48 months,
depending on the standard duration of studies in the discipline you have chosen.
For the duration of the scholarship (max. funding period equals the regular period of study), SBW Berlin covers the necessary living expenses of the scholarship recipients. A full scholarship includes:
- a room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- cost-of-living allowance in the amount of €6,600 per year
- tuition fees
- possibly also a travel allowance for your journey to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the journey home after you have completed your studies.
Also Apply: Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships for African Students
Requirements for the SBW Berlin Scholarship
To be considered for the SBW Berlin Scholarships, you must:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Be professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector
- Be strong intention to work in their country of origin for at least 18 months after graduation
- Be able to prove a relatively low net income
- Have no first-degree family members who reside permanently in Germany
- Be able to prove that they have not stayed in Germany for more than 18 months before the application
- Have average grades corresponding to a German grade point average of at least 2.0
- Submit the application before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second, or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a bachelor’s degree
Below are the required documents for the SBW Berlin scholarship for international students:
- application form (fillable PDF or online form)
- letter of motivation (one or two pages long)
- current curriculum vitae
- information about the net household income
- copy of the last school or university certificate that shows the grade point average and a grade overview
- copy of the highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) that shows the grade point average and a grade overview
- If available, copies of the following documents should also be included:
- qualification for university entrance
- admission to the university in Berlin or Potsdam where you intend to study (or are already
- internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your studies will be taught
- all previous work, training, apprenticeship and internship certificates and references
- all already obtained university certificates and records of achievements (graded and
ungraded). We recommend all applicants to submit the following additional documents, which are not mandatory:
- one or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
- evidence of the net household income
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the Apply Button below to submit their applications. OR Visit here to apply.
During the first phase of the selection process, the curriculum vitae, the letter of motivation and
the grades of the applicants will be considered.
During the second phase of the selection process, a personal interview or video conference will be conducted with each candidate who has been deemed suitable after all documents have been carefully reviewed. The proposed social non-profit project might also be discussed during the interview or video conference.
Applicants also need to submit a project description that provides a detailed overview of the
proposed project’s social significance, individual work steps, estimates of any costs and
expenditure of time, ideas on financing the project, and a detailed time schedule.