Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship
Study in the Netherlands: The application is open for the 2023 Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship. The Maastricht University scholarship is a fully funded scholarship to study in the Netherlands.
Applications are being accepted from suitably qualified international students for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship program, which is designed for highly talented students who have been admitted to a master’s program at Maastricht University and wish to pursue a full degree program in the Netherlands.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Maastricht University and Dutch Government
Host Country: Netherlands
Academic Program: Masters
Scholarship Value: Up to € 30,000
Eligible Nationality: International Students
Application Deadline: 1 January 2023
About the Maastricht University Scholarship
The Maastricht University Scholarship program consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund) and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree program in the Netherlands.
Full Benefits of Maastricht University Masters Scholarship
- Living expenses: € 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)
- Health & liability insurance: € 700*
- Visa application costs: € 207
- Tuition fees
- Pre-Academic Training costs
Duration of the UM Holland-High Potential scholarship
- 13 months for a one-year master program
- 25 months for a two-year master program
Requirements for Maastricht University Masters Scholarship
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a participating full-time master program at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2023-2024 scholarship programme applicants.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of academic excellence
- Personal statement of financial needs
- A reference letter
- The contact details of one referee
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship 2023 are to follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Register for one of the participating master’s programs at UM. For further details on how to register for a master program at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Step 2: Fill in the application form. The application can only be accepted via the application form. Upload all required documents
Visit the Maastricht University Official Website for More Information