UK Fellowships: Here is one of the world’s most supportive scholarship programs that have contributed to the lives of countless individuals around the globe. This is the Commonwealth Scholarship, Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for Developing Countries.
The 2022/2023 Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for Developing Countries will be opened soon. We brought you this update ahead of time so as to aid you to prepare all necessary requirements to be considered for the 2023 special Professional Fellowship programme.
The CSC will run a special Professional Fellowship programme promoting Clean Energy, Air, and Oceans in 2022/23 as part of the UK government’s ambitious initiatives to enroll 40 million more girls in primary and secondary school in developing countries by 2025 and improve learning levels, allowing girls to reach their full potential.
About Common Wealth Professional Fellowships
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are designed for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend time at a UK Host organization working in their field for a professional development program.
Purpose: To provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Intended beneficiaries: Mid-career professionals (with five years of relevant work experience) working in development-related organizations in low and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
Brief Program Details
Sponsor(s): Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in the UK
Program Type: Fellowship
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Number of Awards: Up to 25 fellows (in total)
Application Deadline: September 2022
Full Benefits and Value of Award
Each Fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the fellow’s home country to the UK. See eligible countries here.
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,782 per month, or £2,197 per month for those at organizations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels)
- If a fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information
- Arrival allowance of up to £972.59 (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels), including an element for warm clothing
- For the Clean Energy, Air and Oceans program a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events (administered by host organizations)
- A maximum of £3,000 per fellow can be agreed by host organizations for short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organizations where this forms an integral part of the program. Host organizations should bear in mind the restrictions set out in our guidance on claimable costs.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please note that all Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans. All applicants must be professionals working on related issues.
To begin your application, click on the “Apply Button” below to begin and submit your application.
In the application form, prospective fellows will be asked to:
- List all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications obtained (where applicable)
- List up to 10 publications and prizes (if applicable)
- Provide details of your employment history and explain how each job is relevant to the program you wish to undertake in the UK (up to 100 words per employment)
- Provide a statement on the relevance of your previous work experience to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words)
- Provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
- It is important to go through all application requirements provided here before you commence your application.
Best of Luck!