UK Scholarship: Application is currently ongoing for the .2022 Imperial College London Scholarship for Developing Countries. This is an exceptional opportunity to study in the UK.
Imperial College London Studentships are available to eligible domestic and international students through the National Institute for Health Research.
The Imperial College London Studentship will be funded for three years and will include a Home Tuition Waiver as well as a tax-free bursary of £22,000 per year.
The NIHR-funded three-year Ph.D. studentship is available to eligible students from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
About The Imperial College London Studentship
The Public Health Policy Evaluation Unit at Imperial College London’s Department of Primary Care and Public Health is offering a three-year NIHR-funded Ph.D. studentship to eligible students from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
This is part of a large NIHR-funded global health system and policy research program looking at health system fragmentation in Latin America and India.
Through a variety of research activities in four countries with high levels of poverty and inequality: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and India, this Ph.D. studentship will contribute to knowledge generation on health system fragmentation.
The proposed research program will help to quantify the nature and variation of financing fragmentation in the four focus countries, investigate how financing fragmentation affects health system goals, such as improved access and quality of health services at a lower cost to patients, and assess the impact of key health system reforms on fragmentation and health system goals.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor(s): Imperial College London
Academic Level: Postgraduate/PhD
Award Value: Fully Funded Tuition Fees and £22,000 per annum
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Application Deadline: 12 August 2022
Full Scholarship Benefits
- The studentship will be funded for three years with a tax-free bursary of £22,000 per annum.
- Tuition fees, at the rate applicable to UK Home students, are covered by NIHR. Suitably qualified students non-eligible for home tuition fees are welcome to apply but will be responsible for paying the difference between the home and overseas fee rates.
Eligibility Requirement for the Imperial College London Scholarship
Below are the criteria to be met for consideration in the 2022 Imperial College London Studentship. Candidates must:
- meet the Imperial College Ph.D. entry requirements
- hold or expect to obtain a first or upper-second class honors degree or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant subject (public health, epidemiology, health economics, health data science, health policy and planning, health financing) is highly advantageous.
Below are documents that must be made available by candidates:
- A one-page personal statement, and
- The names and addresses of at least two academic referees
How to Apply
Below is the application procedure as provided by Imperial College London:
Please send a CV, a one-page personal statement, and the names and addresses of at least two academic referees to Dr. Thomas Hone by email at [email protected]. It is advisable you get in contact before applying to discuss relevant tuition fee support.
Please note that candidates must fulfill College admissions criteria.