Catholic Relief Services (CRS) International Development Fellowship
USA Fellowship: The application is open for the 2022 Catholic Relief Services (CRS) International Fellowship Programme. This is a fully funded scholarship programme to the United States of America.
Kindly read the full details provided below and apply rightly.
About the CRS International Development Fellowship Programme
The International Development Fellowship Programme of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was established to prepare dedicated global citizens for a career in international relief and development work.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) provides Fellows with opportunities to hone their skills and gain practical field experience while contributing to meaningful work. Each Fellow collaborates with experienced CRS staff to address pressing issues confronting developing countries today. CRS seeks applicants from a variety of backgrounds who are dedicated to the agency’s mission and strategy.
Brief Programme Details
Sponsor(s): Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Host Country: United States of America
Academic Level: Graduates/Postgraduates
Award Value: Fully Funded
Religion: All religions including atheists
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Application Deadline: 30 November 2022
Full Scholarship Benefits and Duration
- Fellows enjoy an international medical plan as well as vision coverage with zero deductible for in-network providers and low coinsurance and copayments.
- CRS provides Fellows 20 days of paid vacation along with 12 days of sick leave annually. In addition, they offer 4 personal days to attend to emergency or non-emergency situations occurring during a normally scheduled work day.
- CRS offers a 50% match on the first 6% of contributions as well as a contribution of 7% of pay regardless of employee contributions, after six months of service. (Note: Employees without a social security number are eligible to participate in an offshore retirement fund with the same contribution calculation.)
- CRS provides each Fellow with basic furnished housing, which includes electricity, running water, internet, and security services (if necessary). The Fellow’s housing is usually an apartment or house near the CRS office.
- CRS covers relocation costs such as transportation to and from the country of assignment, visas, inoculations, etc. Additionally, CRS provides 100% employer-funded medical evacuation coverage for the Fellow and their dependents.
- Upon hire, Fellows have access to CRS’ robust online learning platform. Additionally, CRS will reimburse up to $5,200 per year for employees pursuing degrees and professional certifications, after one year of employment.
The CRS Fellowship Description
The Fellowship is a one-of-a-kind 12-month professional development opportunity designed to prepare Fellows for success in a variety of future CRS positions. The Fellowship focuses on developing skills in the four areas listed below:
- Project Management
- Activity planning & implementation
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning
- Resource/budget management
- Project Design
- Research, assessments, analysis
- Participatory design
- Results framework & theory of change
- Proposal development
- Systems & Operations
- Supply chain and logistics
- Human Resources
- Finance & Compliance
- Safety, security, risk mitigation
- Project planning
- Programme implementation
- Capacity strengthening
- Reflection & Assessment
Eligibility Requirements for the CRS Fellowship
CRS recruits Fellows from around the world, including nationals of the countries where they work and from underrepresented groups in the U.S. and globally. They welcome applications from candidates of all faiths and secular traditions who share their values and their commitment to serving those in need.
Minimum Fellowship Requirements:
- Have a Graduate degree in a relevant field.
- At least six months of work or volunteer experience in a developing country.
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to French, Arabic, and Portuguese).
- Willingness to work in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A cover letter
- Resume or CV.
How to Apply
The application for the CRS Fellowship is very easy, simple, and less tedious. Kindly click on the Apply Button at the button of this content to begin your application. Carefully provide all necessary information accurately.
Visit the CRS Official Webpage for More Information