MoMo Hackathon: Here comes an exceptional Hackathon, the 2022 022 MTN Hack MoMo to success Competition. This Momo Hackaton is an international competition that grants eligibility for participation to citizens of any country in the world.
Application Deadline: 14 August 2022.
About The MTN 2022 Hack MoMo to success Competition
MTN MoMo is a fintech platform that provides innovative digital financial services to consumers and businesses. It provides users with access to payment, e-commerce, insurance, lending, and remittance services, among other things, and is available in 17 African markets.
We want to stimulate economic growth by providing financial and digital solutions to individuals and businesses of all sizes. We want to build a marketplace that supports cashless and digital economies by providing affordable, inclusive, understandable, and comprehensive financial services as we expand our service offering. By providing in-store payments, remittances, prepaid services, mobile wallets, micro-loans, and micro-insurance, we play an important role in the evolution of mobile financial services (MFS) to mobile financial (fintech) platforms.
Partnerships with financial service providers, regulatory authorities, other mobile network operators, merchants, distributors, businesses, technology providers, entrepreneurs, and developers are required to bridge the financial services gap in the markets in which MTN operates. MTN improves the economic and social well-being of millions of Africans by collaborating with its partners.
MTN Group has made its Mobile Money platform available across its entire footprint through the MoMo API program as part of its commitment to closing the financial inclusion gap.
MTN is now looking for companies, entrepreneurs, and developers from all over the continent to help them innovate and use mobile money to accelerate financial inclusion and digitize payments. MTN is excited to invite developers and entrepreneurs from ten different countries to take part in the MoMo API Hackathon.
2022 MTN Momo Hack Award Prices
First Prize: USD5,000
Second Prize: USD3,000
Third Prize: USD2,000
Requirements for MTN MoMo Hackathon Competition Qualification
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4 members on your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or ask other teams to add you as a member.
- The hackathon will start on July 18, 2022, 00:00 AM IST and end on September 04, 2022, 23:59 IST, you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There is 1 hackathon theme, you must submit a hack that is in one of these themes.
- Once the hackathon starts you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be fully developed for the duration of the Hackathon. You can use open source libraries and other freely available systems/services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds, etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs solely to your team.
- By participating in the hackathon, you agree to HackerEarth’s terms and conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Foundation on momo2022.hackerearth.com to apply
Please follow these guidelines while making your idea submission:
Your idea submission must include the following:
- Idea Title: Written on the cover page
- Problem Statement: What is the specific problem?
- Approach: How will you solve it? Problem by technology (your solution)?
- Overview with a diagram: Share your solutions/prototype mock image & business model with a diagram
Please follow these guidelines while making your final project submission:
- You may submit your project as many times as your like. Only the final submission will be judged.
- All projects must contain the following in their submission
- Project overview (3-4 sentences explaining what you built)
- Link to the code on Github
- A presentation (in the form of PowerPoint or youtube video) of your project
- Youtube – no longer than 4 minutes
- PPT – no more than 12 slides